free hit
counters
Corona Virus - Page 59 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

• Gold FFM
13 minutes ago, tim_marra said:

Fine if it is done on foot from the house, but not if it requires a car journey to reach where you want to exercise. Maybe I read too much into his comments?

He never mentioned anything about driving anywhere. Hence my response as I thought you were being a tad harsh to be honest without clarifying the facts - not that I would ever do that of course!

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well it appears we may have it - just heard a Doctor describe the symptoms and it matches ours 100% - not quite a cold and not quite flu. Carina is suffering a lot more than me, but in reality for us

UK Virus ALERT   The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised

I don’t even find it boring to stay inside all day ...but I don’t understand why in one box of rice krispies there are 2453 pieces, and in the other one 2467!

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Is a local glory hole ok for social distancing ??

Asking for a friend 

I was going to suggest that there would be a screen that prevents coughs and sneezes etc from going directly from one person to another but there might be other implications for mucus that we'd better not discuss for fear of going slightly even further off-track, let alone lowering the tone.

1 hour ago, KAS-118 said:

Sorry - but where did you get your figures from?

I'm not saying you're wrong - but I think it would be interesting to see where these figures actually come from?

http://inproportion2.talkigy.com/?fbclid=IwAR3fpAGOUVx0xufTAnNRCgul2vQGh0gWKauVDg7XQKBZA7L5nMFdPgXGCRQ

(This one has been updated this afternoon changing some of what I had quoted previously)

On this one week 13 looks pretty worse than average but if you slide the timeline slider back week 1 2017 looks to be worse. I dont remember why so many more people died in 2017?

https://www.euromomo.eu/slices/map_2017_2020.html

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Thanks - just to get all the 'Charts' together I'll add this one here to https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/weekending3april2020

The point of concern/alarm though is the rapid increase in deaths due to CV, and this is after the lock-down (although admittedly that will take time to work its way through).

Within the space of a couple of weeks CV went from being connected with less than 1% to over 15% of the deaths ☹️

Yes if you take your dog 🧐

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Is a local glory hole ok for social distancing ??

Asking for a friend 

Yes if you take your dog

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

He’s smiling at the thought of that B46AEB28-8AE3-4B02-94A4-854ED0758AA3.jpeg.48b9a5e0f5985ced6be88ade9c11d609.jpeg

Only here once

All the best for your Dad (he must be able to withstand a lot, having worked at Lotus in very difficult times, let alone leading it at others) wishing him a speedy recovery, and thoughts with you all, as you may be worrying. Just remember it's high risk, and lots of people in high risk groups cope with CV well.

• Gold FFM
On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 19:08, johnpwalsh said:

Michael. In a word. SHITE. About to start week 6 of a 4 week trip. And the latest we have heard is we may get off here in bloody June. Excuse the following, but. If those selfish pricks we see on various sites that we get some access aren't shot or at least bloody jailed for cavorting about, beach parties, house parties, whatever. Then there are hundreds of guys stuck away from home and not being helped by these selfish ignorant B++++++s. I have a 96 year old mother in lockdown in a nursing home who has 5 kids who always visit. Now she cant even get a messaged passed through a window. I have a wife in 12 weeks isolation as she is high risk due to recurring pneumonia and pleurisy with mild COPD who now cant get to the shops and is having to rely on neighbors and a fantastic community association in the village.  Please feel free to kick as on my behalf, you can even say its from me by name.

Other than that, I'm fine Michael. Hope you and the Mrs are well clear.

Sorry. Rant over.

Update. About to start week 9. And still those selfish ferkers are parading about at home as if nothing going on. One local to my home even had a pool party. Glad to say she has been arrested and is going to court. Bring it on and get more of them.

Please just shoot the selfish Bs.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM
2 hours ago, andydclements said:

lowering the tone

Did someone want the tone lowered? How can I help?

image.png.2f35e216c04dcf3aed2ec344b407b852.png

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

41 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Just to let you know MJK isn't very well at present. He's high risk with his chest issues and today his doctor has told him he thinks he has it.

Sadly, with no testing facilities for General Public he's just at home on total rest. Sure you'll send him wishes.

Very sorry to hear of this ☹️ - and I wish him a speedy recovery 

1 hour ago, Kimbers said:

Just to let you know MJK isn't very well at present. He's high risk with his chest issues and today his doctor has told him he thinks he has it.

Sadly, with no testing facilities for General Public he's just at home on total rest. Sure you'll send him wishes.

Sorry to hear this, wishing him all the best.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Wish Pa my best mate :wub:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Wish MJK all the best Tony from me will you mate, and from all his mates over on LEC too.

Dave.

And from Australia. :thumbup:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

15 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

What shocked us all was the extortionate weekly fee they demanded.

My Mum's care home was £1300 A WEEK

There was no physio, and once she went into it she went from being relatively active to being very docile, and could hardly walk any distance.

My wife has done a couple of stints in care homes and the pay was minimum wage with as few staff as possible.