free hit
counters
Corona Virus - Page 79 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Ive not listened to the news in months.

I stopped paying my bbc licence fee.

I listen to CDs in the car and at work.

I went out to the Broads at the weekend and saw the Swallowtail butterflies then had chips up at Sea Palling.

If people feel the need to social distance well thats down to them. If people want a hug thats fine with me.

buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well it appears we may have it - just heard a Doctor describe the symptoms and it matches ours 100% - not quite a cold and not quite flu. Carina is suffering a lot more than me, but in reality for us

UK Virus ALERT   The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised

I don’t even find it boring to stay inside all day ...but I don’t understand why in one box of rice krispies there are 2453 pieces, and in the other one 2467!

Posted Images

6 hours ago, 910Esprit said:

Remember to 'be kind'....  

Huh? I thought that it was ‘to be a lert’. 

(The world needs more lerts). 😂

6 hours ago, Buddsy said:

If people feel the need to social distance well thats down to them. If people want a hug thats fine with me.

I recently read a very sad article about people who thought that the coronavirus was a hoax. They then went on to catch it and were hospitalised (or worse):

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/stories-52731624

Unfortunately, the article is on the BBC so you will probably ignore that too. 

• Like 1

Buddsy, it's just that we care about you and others.

Statistically, you're likely to be OK if you were to contract it, it's just that you may pass it in on to others who are less sure to be OK (I don't think the scientists have identified a group where it's more than a 50% chance of dying).

But if you don't trust the BBC (well, cannot disagree there) then here's a fact-checked one.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/covid-19-denier-die-from-covid/

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s time NHS start treating other illnesses .. those have been stopped for too long

90% of ventilated ICU beds now unused!

• Like 1

I'm retiring from my NHS Volunteer position, not a single task came through. 

Screenshot_20200529-232519_Responder.jpg

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I put my name down here in Geelong as well and nothing ever came through.

The restrictions and lockdowns have worked. My son and daughter, working as nurses, have also said that they are not seeing many cases, but they know as soon as restrictions ease, that will change.

The relaxations began here and Victoria has now had to close two schools. 80 new cases in one of them.

This up and down of infections will continue to occur until a working vaccine is available.

If anyone tells you any different, I fear that they speak with forked tongue.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

On 29/05/2020 at 12:47, andydclements said:

Buddsy, it's just that we care about you and others.

Care about you too Andy and everyone else here too :D

I do apologies also for coming across insensitive sometimes.

I am just absolutely petrified about our willingness to give up hard earned freedoms at the drop of a hat.

Even Boris joked that taking away freedoms is easier than giving them back.

Once you understand the Tavistock institutes work on controlling by social programming you can see it being employed every where and that really scares me.

I hope I am wrong and everything gets back to normal.

Last thing I feel we need to do is to give the government, police and corporation more power.

buddsy

• Like 2

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• Gold FFM

When are the strip clubs open again?

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Social distancing Covidiot style - three people airlifted to hospital jumping from cliffs FFS. Do you know what, rather radical maybe but these people deserve everything that may come to them. Fcuking first degree idiots. Let Darwin be proven right!

Earlier in the day crowds of people flocked to the popular beauty spot

Meanwhile, I spent this stunning, hot day, doing a bit of weeding. Fixing a garden fence. And sitting out in the sun with a few glasses of nice chilled Sauvignon Blanc without having to risk breaking any social distancing rules at home. Muppets. Total freakin;' muppets. Just don't start coughing near me you fcukwits....

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Yeah , do these people actually know about the virus? It's probably not their fault, they might not have access to tv or radio or phone, so are oblivious to what's going on.

• Love 1

Risk of transmission is much lower outdoors .. beach is crowded but there is space between the groups

Yeah, right up until they needed to herded into a small area for the rescue helicopter to land. Then they were all standing shoulder to shoulder .

DD.jpg

50 minutes ago, SFO said:

Risk of transmission is much lower outdoors .. beach is crowded but there is space between the groups

Since the virus crosses mucous membranes quite easily (nose and throat), wouldn't you think that more people could be exposed to the virus if someone coughs and wind, which you don't get indoors, may blow the virus over several people other than just the people that are close?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

The science says otherwise. I guess in places with little air circulation there's more chance of aerosol droplets hanging in the air than if there's a breeze.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I thought about that afterwards. Makes sense that it would just hang around in the air indoors.

So the rule outside then is always stand upwind.

• Like 1