free hit
counters
Corona Virus - Page 85 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

• Gold FFM

Well actually, Asia has been climbing since they started to lift their lockdowns.

European countries lifting ahead of the UK are seeing spikes.

The virus is still there and just waiting to pounce.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well it appears we may have it - just heard a Doctor describe the symptoms and it matches ours 100% - not quite a cold and not quite flu. Carina is suffering a lot more than me, but in reality for us

UK Virus ALERT   The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised

I don’t even find it boring to stay inside all day ...but I don’t understand why in one box of rice krispies there are 2453 pieces, and in the other one 2467!

Posted Images

Is that you Bibs?🥵

• Haha 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

The cheek, I've got wireless headphones :lol:

• Haha 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Well, Victoria, Australia is getting in the pooh. Someone tested positive and then went to a family gathering anyway and 13 out of the 16 are now positive. They have also contacted other people.

10 postcodes, those affected, have all been closed down from midnight tomorrow.

The Victorian government is now also stopping all planes into Victoria for the next two weeks. As of next week, Victoria will be closing our borders to every other state and they may remain closed for the next 6 months.

No doubt, the naysayers will all come out again saying it is all government control. Tell my daughter who is testing people for 8 hours a day and are still getting people that think it is all a big joke. One guy the other day stopped laughing after my daughter told him that since he has now blatantly broken the law (he went to a mate's barbecue when he knew full well that he should not have) and she had all his details and was now going to report him to the Health Dept., he went and complained loudly to the doctor that runs the clinic and got the same story from the doctor. He is quite likely now going to get a $1,650 fine. Expensive joke.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Scaremongering media reporting again 😠

Someone posted this on a Facebook site I use. Now everyone on this site has been shielding due to a particular medical condition. I have had to point people to look at the official figures before getting concerned about such misinformation.

When  you analyse some of the 36 areas mentioned it is evident that, according to the article, if a certain area has had 2 days of just one new case per day, then on day 3 two new cases are reported, then that area is having a surge in cases and facing lockdown because the number of cases has risen by 100%. Taking my own area, Suffolk, which is on the list there has been 12 new cases over the past 21 days but apparently this is bad because there has been days of zero and some days with 1 new case reported. Looking at the graphs containing the daily official figures confirms that the whole article, save for 3 or 4 areas, is a total load of bollocks.

Just shows what total shit our reporters and media really are and how they just live to be able to find bad news in everything. Also shows how people get taken in by a friend of a friend who then regurgitates the same shit on social media because “it’s in the paper so must be true” The person that posted this on the site I mentioned has since apologised for causing unnecessary alarm to a few people by not checking the facts contained in the article herself.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1302680/lockdown-map-local-lockdown-Coronavirus-cases-near-me-full-list

One bit of news you won’t see anywhere.

A certain North London Council has excused all BAME staff from going to work, they will remain on full pay along with all the usual benefits. Everyone else is expected to be there. Apparently this didn't sit well with one employee of Indian descent, and he is determined to carry on attending his work place. He also noted that although there were considerably less people there the work output hadn’t declined.

What strange times we live in.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

My wife's in a book group with a bunch of other women, 90% of them are professional medics (GP's, etc).  So, the next book group is this Friday night and since the lockdown these have been done virtually. So in arranging this months the host, a seasoned medical practictioner of many years, announces let's have it at my house and you all come around here. We can sit in the garden and socially distance etc.

WTF!  We live in Scotland. Our lockdown is tighter than England's. And here is a medical professional saying all come round to my house when at the moment we are officially restricted to meeting no more than two households in a bubble!

Yeah yeah yeah, let's feel sorry for the medics who have to treat the idiots who don't comply with the rules - oh wait, what about the medics who don't comply?  Fcukwits are everywhere and some of them are even medically trained!!!

Thankfully, my wife and some of the other medical professionals have reminded everyone of the lockdown so zoom it will be. Meanwhile I'll go and end my alcohol ingestion ban with a couple of bottles of claret and a nice full Winston on the decking!   :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

News reporter quoting some dignitary on the radio this afternoon as saying, “People in Leicester need to stick together”

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Hahaha. Yeah. That way they'll all get Covid!  Silly boy...

Today’s topic in the UK is going to be schools from September (staggered start times, class bubbles etc.) BBC Breakfast had an Education expert on this morning to discuss this. A parent sent in a question regarding school buses. The expert had no idea how this could be resolved and explained that some schools were already paying taxi companies to bring some kids in from rural areas! Surely this is the easiest thing in the world to sort out? Here’s a few options off the top of my head:

1) run an extra bus on each route

2) use the same bus to run the route twice, in line with the new staggered start times. That old bus will only be sitting in the depot each day until 3pm anyway.

3) just make the kids wear face masks and hope for the best. They’re going to sit together anyway.

4) let the parents take responsibility for getting their kids to school, whether by car, bike or on foot, if they don’t want to use the bus.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight
  • Like 1

Oh and another thing. During all the public self-flagellation about BLM last month, this report seemed to get swept under the carpet. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53097676

Basically a huge UK research project showed that only South Asians from the BAME community are at more risk of dying in hospital from CV-19 than the rest of us. South Asians are 20% more likely to die than people from other backgrounds. The risk to black, white and other ethnic groups of dying from CV-19 in hospital is the same.

This may also partly be behind the thinking of lockdowns in Leicester and potentially Bradford next, due to their large South Asian communities.

Also few of them speak english

After just 30 minutes of being open, all of the picnic tables In the large pub beer garden next door are full. It’s not even a nice day: overcast and very windy. Mainly millennial geezers. They’re all on a mission to get hammered. 

Better hope their toilets are open

Well Devon and Cornwall seems to be overrun. Now they are moaning they have nothing to do as many places are still shut 🙄.

• Gold FFM

I'll have you know they are not all nuts. How dare you!  I love nuts - walnuts, brazil nuts, peanuts.

What you saw there was something called "tossers" - usually male, usually behind the steering wheel. With muppets in the front seats beside them.

I can't believe that on day 1 EVERYONE it would seem has decided to go on holiday. I bet half of those in the queue have been furloughed for three months and are still furloughed so they've been on holiday for months anyway!

Watch the virus spike. Watch the deaths rise. Then listen to the tossers and muppets scream about how crap the government is. How it's all the governments fault. And it's far too dangerous for them to send little Pale Ale and his sister Chardonnay, or whatever tossers and muppets name their children these days, to school.

I could scream abd scream. Instead, I've ended my alcohol drought and opened a nice bottle of Chablis...  Chin chin...

That’s the point @C8RKH, if they can go to the pub, go on hols,, go & crowd out beaches on warm sunny days then they should also be going to work and the kids to school. Just taking the piss out of the furlough scheme now & the teachers with their extended holidays on full pay.

Really pisses me off that all this can now be done but I can’t see the physio I need to see because they are not allowed one to one contact yet. Totally absurd :wallbash:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

They’re like wild animals freed from the zoo around here. Non stop drinking from midday and driving their cars. Still hard at it outside. They moved many of the remotely located picnic tables together to make nice big Coronavirus groups. It’s much worse than even I expected and I am used to these idiots. I am sure they’ll be plenty in A&E tonight. Great Britain indeed.

1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

Really pisses me off that all this can now be done but I can’t see the physio I need to see because they are not allowed one to one contact yet. Totally absurd :wallbash:

Someone's being unhelpful.  My wife has seen a physio 3 times since the start of lockdown.  The practice was shut for a while but was later allowed to open.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE