free hit
counters
Corona Virus - Page 87 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
oilmagnet477

Corona Virus

16 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

All round to @Sparky's for a garden party on the proceeds..... Austerity is now officially over.

No, no @C8RKH it’s round here I am covering the after debt free party, obvs 

• Love 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Oooh, double bubble.

• Haha 1

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

For anybody with the patience to spend the time, here is a youtube interview with Dr John Lee, retired pathologist, on how it has been handled:

Apologies if this has been posted before but I don't have the time to hunt through the whole thread! Well worth watching though - lots of useful insights (warning: it may make you angry!)

Cheers, Richard

• Like 1

Only had the patience for the first 18 mins. Is he an adviser for Trump? He seems to be guilty of his own assertions?

Edited by mg4lotus

Must admit that I could not watch it either. Tried, but gave up.

Hindsight of an issue makes many more knowledgable of that issue.

It only helps a small amount with the next issue.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Yes, it is too long! And I find the interviewer a bit irritating! Apparently, though, this isn't just hindsight - he has been saying that the lockdown was an overreaction since April. Maybe the government should have listened to a broader range of scientific advice - they focussed in on the Imperial College modelling very early and, although there were and are other well-respected schools of thought (including an Oxford University group) with different outlooks, they made decisions that are having massively negative repercussions for the economy based on those Imperial College models. Recently, the excess deaths statistic (i.e. deaths compared to the same time last year) has turned negative, possibly indicating that those who have - sadly - died of or with coronavirus may well have died anyway within a short space of time, so fewer are dying now.

Is anyone actually dying of COVID-19?  I thought the cause of death was something else - in other words they died of something (usually linked to respiratory failure and COVID-19 was a contributory factor but not the cause. In the same way as pre-conditions such as heart disease, diabetes etc is a co9ntributory factor.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

As far as I know you are right @C8RKH that people die from other conditions where COVID-19 has either added strain to an existing problem or seemingly in very rare cases led to a condition. For example, my father had heart failure which meant poor circulation and the lings struggled to exchange CO2 for O2 due to the poor blood flow through them, had he contracted COVID-19 it would have meant more fluid build-up in the lungs so restricting their effectiveness even further, putting more strain on the failing heart which would then have failed sooner.  

I think I used the analogy before of a car crash, you don't really die from a car crash you die from injuries such as massive blood loss leading to heart failure or lack of O2 to brain, or other things.

@rjwooll I think the "excess deaths" may for a while go negative (meaning we have less deaths than an average year" but people who've failed to seek medical diagnosis or not been seen in the normal ways (telephone consultations etc) let alone delays to actual treatments may mean we later on see "excess deaths" from non-COVID-19 patients, anything that could be fatal such as cancers.

• Like 1

And people are still dying of it after having had it months ago. Internal scarring in the lungs and organ failure brought on by the Virus is a very real possibility.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

walk away hermit crab GIF by Puffin Rock

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

So who’s been on a regular airline flight since the travel restrictions were eased? My first one is on Monday. I’m dipping my toe in gently with a 1 hour flight to Germany and back 2 days later. Got my masks!

I’m also (re-)booked on a return BA flight to India on 1 August. CV-19 is kicking off big time over there and there haven’t been any flights for months, so I can’t see that changing in the next 19 days and obviously hope it doesn’t. When I go on-line to Manage my booking, it’s still showing as a normal flight booking, but they will provide a Future Travel Voucher.

Edit. Just applied for and received the BA voucher. It’s a business trip, so not my own money to refund anyway. I now have until April 2022 to sort something else out.

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight

My daughter works for BA and says the flights have been dead (sic).

I used to travel by plane every week pre COVID. I have no inclination right now to get on a plane to anywhere. Thankfully my work are being sensible about travel too so I'm not under pressure to travel at all. In fact in the UK we've just had our best ever H1 for sales!  Go figure!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

@C8RKH how's her job looking?

11 new COVID deaths yesterday in the UK. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

40 minutes ago, Sparky said:

@C8RKH how's her job looking?

OK but I think she has decided to leave!

A wise move, methinks.

Not everything is known about Covid-19 but you don't need to be a professor to see what is happening in the Americas, probably due to the policies they are following.

Or aren't following.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

BDD473B4-684C-4381-B051-746421B0B01A.jpeg

• Haha 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I won't be wearing a mask, so I won't be going to any shops - exactly the opposite to what the government is hoping to promote. 

I've just signed up for milk deliveries, start Thursday, and have a couple of trial meat and fish deliveries from online butchers and fishmongers coming on Friday.

Going to visit my local farm shop tomorrow to check out their fruit & veg, and will have dried stuff delivered from Amazon or a Supermarket - although we still have a huge box full of this from February which I stocked up on before all the hoarding started.

I don't go to any other shops as I but everything else (from swimming pools to PC parts) on-line.

Although, must get my hair cut this weekend before the mask edict comes into force, then that's me sorted until the end of the year - last cut was Dec 2019, and normally every 2-3 months. Last time I let my wife cut it, it was a "bit" of a disaster.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

I won't be wearing a mask, so I won't be going to any shops - exactly the opposite to what the government is hoping to promote. 

I've just signed up for milk deliveries, start Thursday, and have a couple of trial meat and fish deliveries from online butchers and fishmongers coming on Friday.

Going to visit my local farm shop tomorrow to check out their fruit & veg, and will have dried stuff delivered from Amazon or a Supermarket - although we still have a huge box full of this from February which I stocked up on before all the hoarding started.

I don't go to any other shops as I but everything else (from swimming pools to PC parts) on-line.

Although, must get my hair cut this weekend before the mask edict comes into force, then that's me sorted until the end of the year - last cut was Dec 2019, and normally every 2-3 months. Last time I let my wife cut it, it was a "bit" of a disaster.

Cutting your nose to spite your face.

• Like 2