free hit
counters
Corona Virus - Page 9 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well it appears we may have it - just heard a Doctor describe the symptoms and it matches ours 100% - not quite a cold and not quite flu. Carina is suffering a lot more than me, but in reality for us

UK Virus ALERT   The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised

I don’t even find it boring to stay inside all day ...but I don’t understand why in one box of rice krispies there are 2453 pieces, and in the other one 2467!

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
17 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Bloody fantastic - I’m in the clear then.

im pretty sure even if they lock down hard - then agriculture will be an exemption trade. I’ve got 16000 hens arriving soon in a new house that needs finishing.

still reckon it’s been rife in the uk for a lot longer than folks currently believe 

I agree, the timeline for china identifying it as a new strain within a few days of it being reported just seems too fast, very sci-fi.  

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, pete said:

She could try Lego😜

They could while away their quarantine together, building Lego, having heart-to heart talks, and generally rekindle their relationship.

A nice Lego Death Star seems somehow appropriate.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

You can all feck off.

• Like 1

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

As of 12 o'clock tomorrow, Saturday, Danish borders are closed for anyone trying to enter Denmark, except native Danish who are returning home. This is in effect untill and including the 13'th of April 2020. All Danish citizens are very strongly adviced not to go outside the Danish borders. This is valid for all borders: Land, air, sea and bridges. Turists are allowed to exit Denmark. All Danish who are abroad traveling or working for a short period, are asked very urgently to return home, as Danish authorities are expecting that many other countries are shutting down transportation. The same is expected in Denmark in the next few days.

All goods transport for food and other needed products are allowed to enter Denmark. Danish borders will be guarded by Danish police and Danish military.

Two big hotel chains mass-fired their personel today.

All hospitals are re-organised into focussing only on lfe threatening treatment plus extraordinary hard cases with corona virus discease covid-19.

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

On the plus side - the markets are slumping. Now is the time @C8RKH to dip into graphene shares 😂

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

New born babies.toddlers. children. Teenagers. Parents. Grandparents - a virus isn't choosey and many will die. All sad, young or old. It's just life.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Shows how fragile the human race still is, despite all of our technological and medical advances. 

Absolutely. We are not as smart as we think we are and nature will always find a way to smack down a virulent, invasive and destructive pest. And no, I am not referring to the virus!

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Yep,  blocked drains could then lead to a far more deadly problem like cholera if idiots then somehow infect / cross-contaminate drinking water. But that would be very unlikely unless there are a lot of potential Darwin award winners.

Edit: They're probably the people who wouldn't know how to use a knife other than a stabbing motion or something, so not likely.

PS:Looks like people and even the virus don't want to come to Norfolk 

image.png.b6eb9938f32f5c2344f325ee5ec79777.png

Edited by andydclements
  • Like 1
  • Love 1