free hit
counters
Corona Virus - Page 93 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well it appears we may have it - just heard a Doctor describe the symptoms and it matches ours 100% - not quite a cold and not quite flu. Carina is suffering a lot more than me, but in reality for us

UK Virus ALERT   The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised

I don’t even find it boring to stay inside all day ...but I don’t understand why in one box of rice krispies there are 2453 pieces, and in the other one 2467!

Posted Images

They chanced it, so they cannot complain. What's the betting the majority have no insurance cover?

The travel companies and airlines haven't covered themselves in glory by bleating about it, either.

Margate Exotics.

I do think the 14 day quarantine imposed on travellers returning from Spain has been handled in a very shambolic manner. Surely it's not beyond the wit of someone to analyse the data , look for an upward trend and if there's a projection that the rate of infection is going to be larger than is acceptable to only then advise that quarantine will be imposed in X number of days.

Hardly shambolic, would have said decisive

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Gonna be able to tell who has been to Spain by the facial suntan

People on the beach in Malaga

Top tip - holding a can gives you a pass from wearing a mask.

• Haha 2
  • Gold FFM

I can recommend the boiled alive bat served medium rare with a side order of fricasseed Labrador rice 👍  

• Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

😱 I’d never assume the colour of any animal 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

or the sex.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

On a serious note - do any uk vets offer gender reassignment surgery ?

Only here once

11 hours ago, march said:

BBC are doing there best to batter the government for doing it too quickly having spent the last months bashing them for acting far too slowly at the start. Even watched them try to bait a holiday maker into blaming the government but failed miserably as she took a very pragmatic approach to the whole thing - bet they don't repeat that interview 🙄.

I saw that interview on the BBC this morning and said to the wife “they didn’t get what they wanted despite the interviewer trying to put words into the mouths of the couple being interviewed”

TUI cancelled our family holiday 3 and a half weeks ago (not Spain). They agreed a full refund within the maximum 14 days allowed by the Law. They repaid the credit card deposit of £200 but have still not re-paid the Direct Debit balance of £5600 24 days later. E-mails to their various Customer Services accounts are being bounced back 36 hours later. This was all before the Spain announcement, so no excuses. They’ve had my money for months. It’s criminal. I have used them every year for ages for our family holidays and they are my single largest annual spend. They’ve now lost a loyal customer. Any suggestions on how to get my money back pronto?

10 hours ago, sailorbob said:

I do think the 14 day quarantine imposed on travellers returning from Spain has been handled in a very shambolic manner. Surely it's not beyond the wit of someone to analyse the data , look for an upward trend and if there's a projection that the rate of infection is going to be larger than is acceptable to only then advise that quarantine will be imposed in X number of days.

9 hours ago, pete said:

Hardly shambolic, would have said decisive

Exactly, hardly shambolic at all, but I see that (surprise, surprise), Labour are calling the move shambolic.

So fcking predictable, WTF would the Labour reaction be if cases spiked here in 3 weeks time due to delaying the introduction of new quarantine requirements.  Incredible reaction from an opposition who just oppose everything the govt does😠

4 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

TUI cancelled our family holiday 3 and a half weeks ago (not Spain). They agreed a full refund within the maximum 14 days allowed by the Law. They repaid the credit card deposit of £200 but have still not re-paid the Direct Debit balance of £5600 24 days later. E-mails to their various Customer Services accounts are being bounced back 36 hours later. This was all before the Spain announcement, so no excuses. They’ve had my money for months. It’s criminal. I have used them every year for ages for our family holidays and they are my single largest annual spend. They’ve now lost a loyal customer. Any suggestions on how to get my money back pronto?

The Credit card company are equally liable for the product, so you can start a claim back via them. It does not matter that the cc deposit has been repaid, it doesn't matter that only £200 was via CC. Start a Section 77 claim by contacting the card issuer.

• Gold FFM
Posted (edited)

Yeah - issue a statutory demand for your cash. Nice and simple - easy to do - gets results.

They have been dire for years - I’ve a Facebook complaints group with over 17k members. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1902618720065164/?ref=share

@andydclements I agree that’s normally the best way - but cc companies are simply trying to distance themselves from this. Even if you get the money refunded TUI have actually succeeded in thousands of cases to dispute this and recharge it - even though they have had to return the cash in the end. You couldn’t make it up.

Edited by Bibs

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Section 75 claim against the credit company could work as you paid over 100 on it. Request refund for service paid for not delivered then leave the CC company to fight with TUI.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

@Barrykearley I thjink you are confusing a credit card chargeback and consumer credit act claim (which @C8RKH correctly stated as  sec 75, since sec 77 is a different type of credit product not the card) .The former is where you get the CC company to dispute the sum, and the retailer can charge the funds again f they can prove it was an authorised transaction. Under the consumer credit act it's not about disputing the transaction, it's a law that protects the consumer and TUI would have no ability to re-charge.

• Gold FFM

The consumer law is already clear - full refund within 14 days - and they couldn’t give a flying f£ck about that.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

So you go to Spain on holiday. You're a front line health worker. Your partner isn't. 

You return and go to work dealing with sick and vulnerable people.

You're partner has to quarantine for 2 weeks, in the same house as you.

What am I missing as my head is telling me only a complete idiot could make that up! 🙄

• Haha 2

I see that the bastion of morality, RyanAir, has announced it will still continue to run its flights to Spain as planned. Of course, that’s because it won’t have to refund anyone if the flight isn’t cancelled.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

There are also many people on furlough still and benefits, so of course going on holiday is fine for them as they don't need to worry about work/loss of earnings when they come back and get quarantined!  

Probably prompting a backlash here but these are probably Ryanairs target market anyway, so job done!

Personally, I would rather put red hot needles into my testicles and pull out my eyeballs with long nose pliers than fly with Ryanair. Maybe I'm just a snob!

Never have flown them, never will.  They're an example of everything that's wrong with humanity.  I agree about their target market.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.