free hit
counters
Corona Virus - Page 94 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

And Jet2 are jumping on the bandwagon, too. Still pushing ahead with bookings, despite the fact that going against FCO advice voids travel insurance.

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn’t allowed to say anything until today, but it's now okay for me to share that I have volunteered for the Covid-19 vaccine trials that a local Hospital are running in partnership with Pfizer. It

Well it appears we may have it - just heard a Doctor describe the symptoms and it matches ours 100% - not quite a cold and not quite flu. Carina is suffering a lot more than me, but in reality for us

UK Virus ALERT   The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised

Posted Images

Hmmm 🤔, I wonder if they are selling (mis-selling?) travel insurance along with those packages as well !

• Gold FFM

So, I know it's not Chinese Flu, it's Covid-19, but.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-52573137

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

One other con with TUI: if you bought your travel insurance through them,

a) you have to contact their insurance partner directly (AXA).

b) AXA will only refund you 65% of the money paid.

c) AXA will only refund you that 65% AFTER TUI has refunded all of their own dues.

So presumably if TUI can stretch out delaying the holiday refund payment, then AXA can say it’s too late to cancel the policy.

Whilst on the subject of TUI, I saw the MD being interviewed on BBC Breakfast this morning. He was sunning himself at Lake Como, so I sent him a direct e-mail. Of course, it probably won’t even reach his inbox, but it was worth a try. The only message I have got from them so far arrived this afternoon and is effectively a repeat of their original 02.07.20 cancellation document, but now with today’s date! I wonder if they’re trying to defraud the system by unilaterally trying to change the start dates for their refund obligations? Frankly I haven’t got a clue because they don’t want to be contacted.

Not a good situation to be in, indeed I’m expecting something similar in the next few weeks. Did you buy travel insurance, because that might well save the day. Mine covers me (at least how I read it) in the event FCO advice is not to travel, so if it all goes tits-up with BA, I shall be turning in that direction.

Edited by Bibs

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

It's official, people are stupid.

Guy being interviewed re the Canaries/Spain travel ban says "but what's the problem, the COVID rates are generally lower here than in the UK so everyone should come here and the Spanish Government is right to think this is ludicrous". The obvious, intelligent retort should have been something like "so, you're encouraging people to travel from the higher infection rates in the UK, to the Canaries and Spain. Does that not put the local population at greater risk of an infection spike given their is no testing nor quarantine when people arrive?" - I mean am I missing something here and of course the Spanish Government is pissed because of the economic impact.  My stance, tough shit - pay back for your constant shenanigans over Gibraltar. Get over it.

Also, next rationale - "but there is generally less of an infection rate in Canaries to rest of Spain. That's why people from all over (infected) Spain are coming here for their holidays" - so, come to the Canaries because it's too early for us to have spiked as all the infected people from Catalonia and the UK etc have only just got here and the spike hasn't hit yet".  Either I'm thick, or..........  :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
49 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Yes, Julie... 🙄🤦‍♂️

So funny I nearly died.... :sofa:

Really interest video came out couple of days ago from America Front line Doctors.

They discuss the crapola virus and how the American People are caught in an irrational web of fear.

It was the top performing Facebook post in the world on Monday afternoon...until Facebook Censored it...followed by youtube & twitter.

One thing Ive learnt is if all these platforms censor something like this its usually worth seeing. 

Breitbart still have it here.

buddsy

• Sad 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

They discuss the crapola virus and how the American People are caught in an irrational web of fear.

Yet they still won't lock down. Hence why they have the highest infection rate and their deaths are off the chart! "Irrational" web of fear my arse!.

Take it from someone who has had it. Having a Temperature, not being able to taste or smell anything is uncomfortable. Coughing continuously and not being able to breathe is scary! I never went to hospital as I was "Mildly" Ill with Corona. But felt like I was on my way out!  Since then I have spent 3 months getting better but I still have issues related to it.

I don't care about the conspiracy theories. It's here now, its worldwide and anything and I mean ANYTHING you can do to reduce the chance of getting it even by 0.5% is worth doing.

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

29 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Take it from someone who has had it. Having a Temperature, not being able to taste or smell anything is uncomfortable. Coughing continuously and not being able to breathe is scary!

Yea thats how my little boy was.

I had really bad flu in 1997. I was off work for a whole week and my old man was too. That was really nasty.

buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• Gold FFM

Yeah, they must have a good marketing department! :animier:

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 28/07/2020 at 09:30, Chillidoggy said:

Is there anyone other than me that wants to punch this bloke?

There is precious little enough satire around anymore as it's all been sent to the incinerator*. Despite the fact Tom Walker is actually a bit left of center, his Jonathan Pie character is a welcome relief, raging against the conceited woke society in which we find ourselves: (*I use this term only in reference to his use of it in this video)

2 hours ago, RobinB5 said:

There is precious little enough satire around anymore as it's all been sent to the incinerator*. Despite the fact Tom Walker is actually a bit left of center, his Jonathan Pie character is a welcome relief, raging against the conceited woke society in which we find ourselves: (*I use this term only in reference to his use of it in this video)

I don’t have any issue with the content at all. I just find him irritating. 

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.