free hit
counters
Corona Virus - Page 96 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

• Gold FFM

Interesting update in the Sunday Times re the Julie Virus. No idea of its providence though.

A team in the epicentre of the world's coronavirus pandemic now claim the work was vital to understand how to tackle a then hypothetical COVID-19 outbreak. However, the experiment was disowned by large parts of the world's scientific community as insanely dangerous. Investigations have revealed that a shortage of appropriately trained technicians and investigators in the lab at the time of the experiment is likely to be responsible for the outbreak, the Sunday Times has found. 

Laboratory leaks are not uncommon, and have not only been found to have occurred in China. Both Ebola and the fatal bat disease Marburg, which kills nine out of 10 people infected, previously escaped from BSL-4 laboratories in the US.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn’t allowed to say anything until today, but it's now okay for me to share that I have volunteered for the Covid-19 vaccine trials that a local Hospital are running in partnership with Pfizer. It

Well it appears we may have it - just heard a Doctor describe the symptoms and it matches ours 100% - not quite a cold and not quite flu. Carina is suffering a lot more than me, but in reality for us

UK Virus ALERT   The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised

Posted Images

On 16/07/2020 at 03:14, ramjet said:

Schlong thong?

----------------------

On the mask thing, yes the inside of your eye sockets is a mucous membrane, but it pales into insignificance to the mucous membrane square area that is exposed to potential infection via your nose, mouth and lungs.

So, if you maintain distance from people as much as possible and wear a mask, the likelihood of contracting C19 via your eyes as the infection point, would be extremely low.

Until you tear up and some of those tears go down those little drain holes in the corners of your eyes and drain into the nose (that's why you have to blow your nose when you cry).  This can then take virus particles into the respiratory system.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

On 30/07/2020 at 21:10, Clive59 said:

Looking at the numbers, it was nowhere near the catastrophe that was made out, 

The pandemic that never was. 

2018 saw 600,000 deaths worldwide from flu and that was considered an average year.

From the start of the "pandemic" they say we are now circa 600,000 death worldwide. So that about 9 months and not far off fro the 2018 figure.

Ive no idea who this guy is but thought it was interesting how he points corona virus and covid19 are different.

This is why even in the old encyclopedias from as far back as 1930 give the definition for corona virus as the common cold.

If you test people for corona virus the rates will be very high as we have all either had or have a corona virus (common cold) at some point.

We are all being bombarded with fear to controls us which is the real evil.

buddsy

• Confused 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• Gold FFM

On the plus side - Hong Kong riots have ceased. Millions have been plunged into debt. Folks made to go cash less. 

all in all - a massive success for some

• Like 1

Only here once

1 minute ago, sailorbob said:

The PCR test is specific to the RNA of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, you do not get a positive result for other types of coronavirus.

Is that the test which gave a positive for a lemon?

Ive seen vids where so alleged nurses say they've included "placebo" untested swabs which came back as positive. Can say for sure if its true though.

buddsy

I haven't seen anything about a lemon so I cannot comment on that but the reports of clean swabs coming back as a positive result have been pretty comprehensively debunked.

On 30/07/2020 at 12:42, Kimbers said:

Cyprus have now said it won't accept UK residents on holiday unless they have a valid negative Corona Virus test from no more than 3 days before they arrive. 

Jet 2 has since cancelled all flights to Cyrpus until mid August. 

Yet here we are saying we think Spain is a risk.....laughable really. We were worse than most countries put together!

Part of the reason for Cyprus doing this is due to their lack of ICU facilities, they cannot afford to have a big hit as they do not have the facilities. 

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

Yeah @Kimbers but the Spanish only wanted the holiday pound and did not care about an increase in infections.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Well who’d have thunk it. Made it through the night I’m afraid.

As a means of future self protection I shall now start carrying round a chip and pin machine  since the Government are obviously keeping it secret that these wee machines provide full protection.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

The official guidance @Barrykearley is to lick your finger before and after entering your PIN number.  Safety first in these strange times...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM

And a good way to point out just how stupid some numpties are being with regards to COVID.  I am sure Darwin would be saying "it's a free choice, wear a mask or not. Thankfully, we won't need to worry about the stupid for too long".

Had to laugh this morning. Following rumours that France might be added to the quarantine list, TV reporter interviewed a young English couple sunning themselves on the Côte d’Azur beach. “Will a 2 week quarantine period be a problem for you?”. “Yes” said the lady “we’re due  to go away on holiday 2 days after we get home”.

FFS. I wonder if the Treasury is paying for their time off work and continual holidays?

I thought this was a really good listen.

Brendan O'Neil & Spiked seem to have been doing the job of actual journalism questioning the information we are being given from the Government.

Apple Podcasts: Pathologist Dr John Lee joins Brendan O’Neill to discuss the exaggerated threat of Covid, the corruption of science and the mounting death toll of the lockdown.

buddsy

Dr John Lee has been critical of the government action since the start. This from the 28/3/2020

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/The-evidence-on-Covid-19-is-not-as-clear-as-we-think

Actually everyone should go and read this, as it seems bang on to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Gold FFM

One thing I have noticed is the distinct lack of hearses knocking about. If the BBC and government hype were to be believed - every other car on the road would be a hearse.

• Like 1

Only here once