free hit
counters
Priti Patel - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
PaulCP

Priti Patel

A real life monster, as the civil service would have us believe, or someone who is determined to sort out what has been needed for decades. Incompetent jobsworths who thrive on self preservation. (Not all I may add, but I have and do know a few)

Philip Rutman’s history appears to tell it all, riddled with blunders where ever he’s been. We don’t know the full facts yet but at the moment it seems as though she deserves full marks for showing more balls that all of her male predecessors. 

Unfortunately “Yes Minister” was reality TV played by actors, not just a sitcom!

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I don't really know much about either of them - but the whole thing does seem a bit odd. It's sometime said that people get promoted out of such positions where there's a conflict; or sent to the Lords or get some kind of honour, or a very good retirement package is offered. The fact that he's going to sue for Constructive dismissal  makes this one interesting. 

• Like 1

I agree Paul, she certainly does seem to be divisive with many people coming out in support, and many against.  I think it's hard these days to do the right thing in politics and business as everyone just gets so offended so easily or cries foul for prejudice or bullying. I can't stand bullying, but telling some one that they are "fooking idiot", when everyone knows they are, is not being a bully, it's just being brutally honest! :)

@KAS-118 - he said he was offered a compromise agreement, basically was going to be paid to go but he had to sign an NDA to not speak about it, but he declined that offer and has instead decided to go public and down the CD route.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Get off that damn fence there Barry!  hahahahaha....

• Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Sorry chap - I like to say it as it is

There’s little doubt his opinion on matters almost certainly made his position untenable 👌

Only here once

I am interested in this story too...... something isn't ringing true about the whole situation  ...............lets see what comes out of the swamp!

Edited by Toeside
spelling

They ain’t happy about the hard brexit negotiation stance.

• Like 1

Only here once

She sounds absolutely perfect for the role

Only here once

people in positions of power are very often arrogant and think they can do whatever they want with little regard for others

• Like 1

I worked in the Civil Service for 21 years - I came across quite a number of Very Senior Civil Servants who were bombastic bullies. I'm not a huge fan of Priti Patel either but I don't believe either side comes out of this well (or believe everything that is said).

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

34 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

people in positions of power are very often arrogant and think they can do whatever they want with little regard for others

I absolutely agree with that statement. Priti does have a mandate to shoot down any remainers within her department whom may well weaken the UK position 

Only here once

22 hours ago, C8RKH said:

... but telling some one that they are "fooking idiot", when everyone knows they are, is not being a bully, it's just being brutally honest! :)

@KAS-118 - he said he was offered a compromise agreement, basically was going to be paid to go but he had to sign an NDA to not speak about it, but he declined that offer and has instead decided to go public and down the CD route.

Yes, but that's what I find so extraordinary - it does seem he was offered a pay off; but has turned that down - so that would lead you to believe he has something up his sleeve. I note, however, he already has 2 knighthoods.

So that leads on to my next question - does anyone know precisely what these blunders are that he's done? I appreciate he was in the DoT - but Transport been bad ever since I can remember - so what actually did he do wrong there? I also understand that he was associated with the "Windrush Scandal" - but there again I think you could perhaps trace that back a good few years. 

So, with all that I'm just not clear what's made him act in this way?

But maybe C8RKH is correct .A POSSIBLE hypothesis is that Priti Patel wanted to try a new approach and he didn't like it - she pointed out his mistakes - and he's behaved like some spoilt little brat, thrown his toys out the pram, and run off to the press - just because he's incapable of acknowledging his mistakes.

However, I don't want to criticise him to much as we haven't heard the evidence yet - and should emphasise that's just 1 possible scenario. No doubt we'll get to learn more about it all in due course. But it just seems extraordinary. 

57 minutes ago, pete said:

Oh wow. So he was a star performer then. Ho hum. It'll be over in a flash and time to look for something else to excited about, I'm sure it's al old news already on t'interweb....

Can’t beat the daily mail for reliable truthful news - still that’s one fat cat snout out of the gravy train trough

• Haha 1

Only here once

Wow - that doesn't look good. I suppose on the plus side at least he admitted he was in error about the West Coast Rail  matter - although I do wonder if that admission got him one of his Knighthoods.

I find it rather annoying that if he's so [email protected] at his job - he seems to have got himself some honours and a big fat pension out of it. However, it will be interesting to hear his side of the story .

It also seems that Priti Patel does have some 'form' too https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51705069

Bullying never works ( never has ) in the workplace. Good people leave, nervous people stop contributing, the rest get there own back however long it takes.

• Like 1

Doesn't look like either if them come out of this well. Surely neither want this going to court.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Do Dianne Abbott says she should resign.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Well that will encourage the Conservative Voters to get behind PP then 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pete said:

Do Dianne Abbott says she should resign.

Yep, both her and Corbyn 

Well, who’d have thought it? 😄😄, so predictable!

As others have said we don’t know the full facts yet, and I agree that there is no place in work or society for out & out bullying, but we do live now in a namby panda state where people need to be offended and hurt by whatever minor event which may take place. It is getting to the point where you will probably have to put your arms around people and praise then for cocking up at work or otherwise be plagued by the gold diggers who want to claim compensation for anything.

• Like 1