Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Launch Edition Register - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Launch Edition Register

LOTUSMAN33

After building the Dry Sump Esprit Register and Development Elan M100 Register with the help of members I fancy doing the Evora Launch Edition Register next.

Not sure if already done or started but up for the challenge, doing this take lots of research online and sending messages along with confirmation through Andy Graham so takes time but should be interesting I’m sure.

If successful then no reason it can’t be continued with all the other variants albeit I believe some are covered already?

Format can be similar to Dry Sump listing part chassis number, date registered, colour, trim, options, owner and potentially build date with Andy’s help. It will be available to all with only registrations ghosted out to prevent cloning be encouraged.

Whats your views? Only 450 LE cars to find 😁

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I own the Solar Yellow  car that appears throughout this video Dave so you can add that one! Interesting you have a 1960 Mini as well as the Evora - I'm currently restoring a 1967 Tweed Grey

• Like 2

Brilliant video and lovely colour combo, yes I am a big mini fan as great design and awesome fun to drive. What are you running in your 1967? I will PM you for details and get your email so you can be on the mailing list for updates as they arrive. 
I will start building the register this week although need owners inputs so time to start messaging 😁

Hi Dave,

Mini will be running a 1310 with 10.5 c/r based on a 1300GT engine, A+ rods, Nural pistons, Cooper S head, 276 cam, light steel flywheel and clutch and full balanced bottom end, lightened steel duplex timing gears with a SC box with Abingdon ST ratios. Will probably go with 1.5" twin SU's, if only for the looks as I find a single 1.75" more friendly

Going for the Nick Swift 'racer' look so rose petals will be the order of the day. Tweed Grey with a black roof

Shell is currently away for paint and due back in the next few weeks - looking foward to the build now, good to start from fresh with a well sorted shell

Cheers

Jon

• Like 1

image.png.7e70e2dde80af84b6a70401ab14e5975.png

Well I have started by searching online for listed cars, the Development cars are no longer on the road.

I will leave chassis numbers as unless offered by owners I think date registered is best I can do for now.

Come on LE owners lets build on this now? 😁

Once we get more listed I will start dialogue with Andy Graham.

Lotus Evora LE chrome orange interior black 

SCCTC12209HP41058

234th Evora , 103th in RHD , 2nd in chrome orange

Built November 18th 2009

first registration november 24 2009

previously factory company car for Mrs Arundell

i own this car since February 28 2011

Edited by SCARRION
More info added
  • Like 1

Thanks Stephane, I will get it added.👍🏻

I find it interesting that Lotus shared registration numbers in their development cars, this was evident also with the M100 project.

AU59DRV was Silver and Grey with different interiors. I’m sure as I delve deeper more will pop up.

The first few cars registered were no doubt development and press cars like AU09AKK which is well known and the Autocar vehicle sold on as well like the Initial build M100’s which are floating about, will be nice cars to own in the future as well.

AU is Norwich area as expected

RX is Reading area

WX is Bristol area

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/03/2020 at 16:03, LOTUSMAN33 said:

image.png.7e70e2dde80af84b6a70401ab14e5975.png

Well I have started by searching online for listed cars, the Development cars are no longer on the road.

I will leave chassis numbers as unless offered by owners I think date registered is best I can do for now.

Come on LE owners lets build on this now? 😁

Once we get more listed I will start dialogue with Andy Graham.

Only just spotted this thread but I see you already have mine at 25/9/09 - E9ORA ..  Aquamarine Blue with 'Oyster' interior, not Cream. 

At launch Lotus offered 5 trim colours that they called by exotic names so added a description in brackets - "Oyster (Magnolia), Chestnut (Tan), Paprika (Red), Charcoal (Grey) and Black"

Initial owner of mine was Allan Matheson (Al. ) who had it as 0007 ALN and he posted the first Evora owner's photos to appear on Page 1 of the 'Picture and Video' thread, previous posts were Lotus publicity stuff .

My VIN  ends with 14 and Mike Kimberley told me Lotus never use the number 13 because ACBC was superstitious so mine was actually the 13th LE made - thanks Mike!

Not that I'm superstitious ... needed an MOT before 24th March so put it in on Friday 13th as there were plenty of appointments available...  It's 'my daily' on almost 48k miles but sailed through, of course!

Good luck with your search for info ..

• Like 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Hi Phil

Thanks for the update, I will change the trim colours when I do the next update.

Nice number plate by the way, I recently bought EV02A LE. 
I didn’t know the chassis numbers represented the car number which is interesting, mine is 09 so assume it’s the 9th car?

I was hoping to have a few more by now.

Love this idea! Will get some details over later. I know mine is a Oct 2009 registered and has the Evora logo on the passenger side dash which is supposed to be an indicator of the early models. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

IIRC the Evora dash facia badge was also fitted to the cars that followed the Launch Edition, MY 2010 possibly, and I think it was dropped during that model year.  The Launch Edition cars also had a small plaque on the driver's door sill.

@LOTUSMAN33

I've PM'ed you the details of my Launch Edition, with some additional info.

By the way, I've just seen in the Evora Service Parts List the following quote "Evora Introduction: First deliveries commence June 2009 at ‘09 VIN serial number 0721". I've noticed too that if the 10th digit of the VIN in the format "SCCTx122xXxxxxxxx" is "9" then the car is a MY09, i.e. a Launch Edition, and if it's an "A" then it's a MY10 build and not a Launch Edition. To add to things, Lotus changed the VIN format from MY10 serial no. 0360 onwards to "SCCLMDxxxxxxxxxxx".

• Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

Mark

Brilliant update and very informative so thanks 👍🏻👍🏻

I will update the register with the information you sent me and clears up a few things. I must get Andy to do me a provenance certificate.

Really interesting he says only 235 cars not 450, this doesn’t surprise me when you look at Essex and JPS Esprit numbers. Lotus probably never sold as many LE cars as expected before moving onto optioned models.

Keep up the updates

On 21/03/2020 at 06:48, Revora said:

Love this idea! Will get some details over later. I know mine is a Oct 2009 registered and has the Evora logo on the passenger side dash which is supposed to be an indicator of the early models. 

I think this badge on the passenger side dash was part of tech or premium pack. I will check the sales brochure I have on PDF. 

It may have been standard on LE cars but my 2010 car has one but I have all 3 option packs. 

Justin 

My understanding is that the badge was standard on the Launch Edition models - are you sure your car @jep was not an LE? Some of them would have been registered in 2010 would they not?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

This from a 2010 publication by Lotus Cars Ltd 'The Evora Extras'

Premium Pack:

Accent lighting
Leather trimmed tailgate insert panel
Evora logo on dash
Premium floor mats
Choice of seat leather colour
Charcoal
Oyster
Paprika
Chestnut
Leather door panelling below trim band
Leather trimmed door pockets
Leather footwell side panels
Leather trimmed armrest
Fully leather trimmed centre console

Justin

17 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

My understanding is that the badge was standard on the Launch Edition models - are you sure your car @jep was not an LE? Some of them would have been registered in 2010 would they not?

My car was registered Sept 2010 but is a MY2011. Certificate of Provenance does not say it is a LE. I may have mislead you in saying it is a '2010 car', as it is MY2011.

Justin

Must be one of a very small number of LE's that has that badge. Lovely little addition...

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

Jonny, that’s all we have identified so far, it’s easy to check UK cars year etc from online photos and old adverts along with members info.

Come on everyone lets get them all including LHD and RHD overseas 👍🏻👍🏻

Like the Dry Sump register once we have a good volume of cars Andy Graham helps with the gaps, he won’t supply the whole list understandably. I did a similar exercise with the M100 build/development cars sharing info both ways.

On 24/03/2020 at 02:10, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Ben

Do we have yours on the list?

Hey mate, wasn’t sure if you were after Aussie ones. I’ll have to look up the info, but it’s a Feb 2010 LE with all the packs (as I think they all had) - Ardent Red, black leather. 

• Thanks 1