free hit
counters
Evora Launch Edition Register - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content


Evora Launch Edition Register


Recommended Posts

Quite correct, it was @mattmelling - It was 12 years ago in fairness! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This pic? I took it!  https://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s111/Bibtus/IMG_5751.jpg

Thanks for the info guys, i'll settle for second car delivered and first car in Scotland! ha ha just to correct my earlier spec my car actually has the charcoal interior not black.  Many th

I can add AU59 AHP to the list, Arctic Silver with Paprika insides Owned for just over a year - now with a new clutch to see her through many more years!

Posted Images

On 02/02/2021 at 22:18, cdco said:

Those are the ones just need to know where exactly on the door shut it goes

Can you work it out from this old photo where it happens to appear ... this is the usual position.

20191116_113049.jpg

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SCMTBCOACH said:

Thanks for the info guys, i'll settle for second car delivered and first car in Scotland! ha ha :)

just to correct my earlier spec my car actually has the charcoal interior not black. 

Many thanks 

Cheers Paul  

And in my humble opinion one of the most iconic Lotus colours. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, phil flash said:

Can you work it out from this old photo where it happens to appear ... this is the usual position.

20191116_113049.jpg

 

20210205_121638.jpg

  • Like 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

And in my humble opinion one of the most iconic Lotus colours. 

When i was looking for one i was worried it would be too flashy but when i saw it in the flesh i knew i had to have it! Always get positive comments etc also so that is good! 

It has this stunning pearl coat that changes colour in different lights and i just think it looks amazing with the shape! 

Amazing more people didn't go with the orange :) 

cheers Paul 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Quite correct, it was @mattmelling - It was 12 years ago in fairness! 

Video showed Mathew collecting it on 1st September 2009, if that was 1st Customer car would that make those on the list registered earlier ex-Press Cars?

Phil           Leave me alone I know what I'm doing - I think. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Bibs that's my old car what a day that was.  Some stories can be told about that day and the car. 

Drove down with the Esprit to hand in for Motorsport to service her and came back up the road with the Evora 1/9/2009

Back down a few days later with Evora left for first service and came home in the Esprit then flew down and picked up the Evora 10/9/2009 back home for a couple of days then off to France with her for two weeks.

First Burnt Orange Evora and at one point Lotus asked if they could keep her for a press car no chance was the answer.

The glory days of Lotus fantastic company back then.

Andrew 

 

 

 

Edited by Andrew C
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Andrew C said:

Hi Bibs that's my old car what a day that was.  Some stories can be told about that day and the car. 

Drove down with the Esprit to hand in for Motorsport to service her and came back up the road with the Evora 1/9/2009

Back down a few days later with Evora left for first service and came home in the Esprit then flew down and picked up the Evora 10/9/2009 back home for a couple of days then off to France with her for two weeks.

First Burnt Orange Evora and at one point Lotus asked if they could keep her for a press car no chance was the answer.

The glory days of Lotus fantastic company back then.

Andrew 

 

 

 

That cool to hear. 

I will try to take good care of her :) 

Cheers Paul 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phil flash said:

Video showed Mathew collecting it on 1st September 2009, if that was 1st Customer car would that make those on the list registered earlier ex-Press Cars?

Yes, for some of them Phil. According to the build spec letter I received with my Certificate of Proevenance, Andy Graham said that there were 8 press cars, then 17 dealer demos, then Evora VIN ending 0864 that went to Christopher Neil as a stock car (so not a demo or customer order), then the 1st retail car (AU59ACY / 0868) and then mine 0869, which made it the 28th UK Evora (and 75th production Evora - all markets) by VIN, but whilst my car was the 2nd Evora by chassis number to be customer ordered, it wasn't the 2nd customer delivery.

Andy pointed out in an e-mail to me that "including the ‘date the car was signed from production’ & ‘date of sale’ as well in my workings makes things too complicated as cars do not go down the production line in serial number order as the VIN is determined before the car even starts on the line, but presenting the statistics in serial number sequence is a clear sequence people can follow".

 

Edited by EuropaSman

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

Link to post
Share on other sites

A few years back when my GTE had disgraced itself and was in dock at the old Lotus Silverstone site, there was a burnt orange S Sports Racer next in line. It looked the mutts nuts. Certainly the nicest S1 Evora I have ever seen. I believe one of only two sports racers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gold FFM

Not many buying a new car, particularly one that will be used daily or often, choose the more vivid colours. I bought a chrome orange S1 Elise in '99 new - I could not sell it in 2000 due to the colour. I almost had to give it away. 

Chrome orange S1 Elise is now considered so cool, as are most classic cars, if not all, that are orange. 

Wild colours on ya classic adds to the appeal. The same on your daily is often seen as, at best brave - and the impact on resale concerns many owners. The same principle explains why so many new houses built all look the same. 

I would love that chrome orange 111S back now. I still have the 340R that replaced it. 

Justin 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jep said:

Not many buying a new car, particularly one that will be used daily or often, choose the more vivid colours. I bought a chrome orange S1 Elise in '99 new - I could not sell it in 2000 due to the colour. I almost had to give it away. 

Chrome orange S1 Elise is now considered so cool, as are most classic cars, if not all, that are orange. 

Wild colours on ya classic adds to the appeal. The same on your daily is often seen as, at best brave - and the impact on resale concerns many owners. The same principle explains why so many new houses built all look the same. 

I would love that chrome orange 111S back now. I still have the 340R that replaced it. 

Justin 

 

Hi had great ambitions to daily it more than i have so far. Winter came in pretty hard up here with snow/ice/ salt so it is tucked up for the winter now. I think going forward it will be more a special occasion car. I bought a Mondeo estate as a hack car/ work car. had it 9 weeks before i cracked with it (front wheel drive and horrid 2.0 deasil!) and bought a lovely e91 BMW 330i manual! Think i have my perfect 2 car garage now! :) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, scotty435 said:

It was a popular colour back in late 2000 for the Elise and Exige and amazed people never ticked the box for Burnt Orange for the Evora. Till this day it’s still one of the best if not the best colour for the Evora. A pic of a forum members car, sure he will not mind me posting, it still looks stunning on the latest Evora.

846D1EAA-D476-4723-875F-276E21E18186.jpeg

The car that made me buy a McLaren.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...