Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Launch Edition Register - Page 3 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Launch Edition Register

LOTUSMAN33

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 02/02/2021 at 22:18, cdco said:

Those are the ones just need to know where exactly on the door shut it goes

Can you work it out from this old photo where it happens to appear ... this is the usual position.

20191116_113049.jpg

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

9 minutes ago, SCMTBCOACH said:

Thanks for the info guys, i'll settle for second car delivered and first car in Scotland! ha ha :)

just to correct my earlier spec my car actually has the charcoal interior not black. 

Many thanks 

Cheers Paul  

And in my humble opinion one of the most iconic Lotus colours. 

2 minutes ago, phil flash said:

Can you work it out from this old photo where it happens to appear ... this is the usual position.

20191116_113049.jpg

20210205_121638.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

And in my humble opinion one of the most iconic Lotus colours. 

When i was looking for one i was worried it would be too flashy but when i saw it in the flesh i knew i had to have it! Always get positive comments etc also so that is good! 

It has this stunning pearl coat that changes colour in different lights and i just think it looks amazing with the shape! 

Amazing more people didn't go with the orange :) 

cheers Paul 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Quite correct, it was @mattmelling - It was 12 years ago in fairness! 

Video showed Mathew collecting it on 1st September 2009, if that was 1st Customer car would that make those on the list registered earlier ex-Press Cars?

Hi Bibs that's my old car what a day that was.  Some stories can be told about that day and the car. 

Drove down with the Esprit to hand in for Motorsport to service her and came back up the road with the Evora 1/9/2009

Back down a few days later with Evora left for first service and came home in the Esprit then flew down and picked up the Evora 10/9/2009 back home for a couple of days then off to France with her for two weeks.

First Burnt Orange Evora and at one point Lotus asked if they could keep her for a press car no chance was the answer.

The glory days of Lotus fantastic company back then.

Andrew 

Edited by Andrew C
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, phil flash said:

Video showed Mathew collecting it on 1st September 2009, if that was 1st Customer car would that make those on the list registered earlier ex-Press Cars?

Yes, for some of them Phil. According to the build spec letter I received with my Certificate of Proevenance, Andy Graham said that there were 8 press cars, then 17 dealer demos, then Evora VIN ending 0864 that went to Christopher Neil as a stock car (so not a demo or customer order), then the 1st retail car (AU59ACY / 0868) and then mine 0869, which made it the 28th UK Evora (and 75th production Evora - all markets) by VIN, but whilst my car was the 2nd Evora by chassis number to be customer ordered, it wasn't the 2nd customer delivery.

Andy pointed out in an e-mail to me that "including the ‘date the car was signed from production’ & ‘date of sale’ as well in my workings makes things too complicated as cars do not go down the production line in serial number order as the VIN is determined before the car even starts on the line, but presenting the statistics in serial number sequence is a clear sequence people can follow".

Edited by EuropaSman

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

A few years back when my GTE had disgraced itself and was in dock at the old Lotus Silverstone site, there was a burnt orange S Sports Racer next in line. It looked the mutts nuts. Certainly the nicest S1 Evora I have ever seen. I believe one of only two sports racers.

• Like 1

Not many buying a new car, particularly one that will be used daily or often, choose the more vivid colours. I bought a chrome orange S1 Elise in '99 new - I could not sell it in 2000 due to the colour. I almost had to give it away. 

Chrome orange S1 Elise is now considered so cool, as are most classic cars, if not all, that are orange. 

Wild colours on ya classic adds to the appeal. The same on your daily is often seen as, at best brave - and the impact on resale concerns many owners. The same principle explains why so many new houses built all look the same. 

I would love that chrome orange 111S back now. I still have the 340R that replaced it. 

Justin 

Hi had great ambitions to daily it more than i have so far. Winter came in pretty hard up here with snow/ice/ salt so it is tucked up for the winter now. I think going forward it will be more a special occasion car. I bought a Mondeo estate as a hack car/ work car. had it 9 weeks before i cracked with it (front wheel drive and horrid 2.0 deasil!) and bought a lovely e91 BMW 330i manual! Think i have my perfect 2 car garage now! :) 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, scotty435 said:

It was a popular colour back in late 2000 for the Elise and Exige and amazed people never ticked the box for Burnt Orange for the Evora. Till this day it’s still one of the best if not the best colour for the Evora. A pic of a forum members car, sure he will not mind me posting, it still looks stunning on the latest Evora.

846D1EAA-D476-4723-875F-276E21E18186.jpeg

The car that made me buy a McLaren.  

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Welcome to TLF Bob. (I presume?) :welcome:

Very reserved Evora, but looks really nice. How long have you had the car for?

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

6 hours ago, EvoraBob said:

have had VX220 and a Lotus Europa S prior to the latest purchase.

Your first proper Lotus then. :sofa:

Welcome. Evora NA just fab, arguably the best Evora of all.

Justin

Justin

To be fair the Europa was a brilliant car as it was remapped to 250hp and not many cars could beat it. The Evora is in a different class for comfort when driving at similar speeds and the sound is awesome. 

4 hours ago, EvoraBob said:

Justin

To be fair the Europa was a brilliant car as it was remapped to 250hp and not many cars could beat it. The Evora is in a different class for comfort when driving at similar speeds and the sound is awesome. 

I was jesting. All from Hethel welcome.

Justin 

12 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Another Launch Edition here.  17th Evora produced, Quartz Silver, 1 of 1 made with the Oyster interior and 18/19” forged wheels.  I have since changed the wheels for the larger diamond cut forged wheels, but I’m keeping the original wheels too 👍🏻

Only 4 LE's were made in Quartz, so we've just identified two of them in the last 23 hours 😎

I have done loads to it over the last two months - including full dashboard removal and refit - look out for a 'refresh' thread very soon.

Reg DB09 LOT (HF09 CWA back in the day).

First registered 04/08/2009.

9DFA553D-9AA0-4B0F-969D-1002A4158C30.jpeg

B914BCC7-2B34-4250-B241-89D0810AA7DE.jpeg

49728236-D5AF-4233-A75D-C3645DBFE87D.jpeg

Dave

I have been reading your interior update which was good reading. Your car look brilliant in those wheels and I must say I love that colour.