free hit
counters
Evora Launch Edition Register - Page 8 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content


IGNORED

Evora Launch Edition Register


LOTUSMAN33

Recommended Posts

Hi Phil,

Good to hear she is still doing well.  Still looking good as well. If it is any consolation the driver seat bolster was starting to go within the first year.  I was told at the time that the  leather was actually too fine/soft for a car really and in later cars they used a lower quality but stronger.  It just shows up so much being Oyster.  

Cheers, Allan

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

When I bought it the driver's outside bolster was looking a bit worn because there's a tendency to rub against it going in and out. I did find a TLF thread about a big refurb project that put me onto Gliptone Scuffmaster. He sent a small sample of Oyster leather and their match is so good it's nearly impossible to see where you've used it or haven't. Got mine back to looking like new again.

In August 2019 I bust my left ankle playing competitive football, repaired with a titanium plate & screws that are never coming out, and initially I couldn't flex it to operate the clutch and had to slide the seat forward to use my heel with bending at the knee. That forward seat position made getting in and out really awkward so I slid the seat right back to get out. Got in, slide it forward.  Ankle is fine but I'm still sliding the seat as it's so much easier to get in and out AND no rubbing of the seat bolster.

For the benefit of others in the 'Oyster Club' ..  photos of the magic potion are attached. Quote my order number and you'll get the same mix.

PSX_20220308_123700.jpg

PSX_20220308_123938.jpg

  • Like 2

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
1 hour ago, phil flash said:

Perhaps 4 should be 'OO07ALN/SN59FYK/E9ORA' to complete the history.

Updated the list @phil flash 👍

Aquamarine blue list.JPG

  • Like 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, phil flash said:

When I bought it the driver's outside bolster was looking a bit worn because there's a tendency to rub against it going in and out. I did find a TLF thread about a big refurb project that put me onto Gliptone Scuffmaster. He sent a small sample of Oyster leather and their match is so good it's nearly impossible to see where you've used it or haven't. Got mine back to looking like new again.

In August 2019 I bust my left ankle playing competitive football, repaired with a titanium plate & screws that are never coming out, and initially I couldn't flex it to operate the clutch and had to slide the seat forward to use my heel with bending at the knee. That forward seat position made getting in and out really awkward so I slid the seat right back to get out. Got in, slide it forward.  Ankle is fine but I'm still sliding the seat as it's so much easier to get in and out AND no rubbing of the seat bolster.

For the benefit of others in the 'Oyster Club' ..  photos of the magic potion are attached. Quote my order number and you'll get the same mix.

PSX_20220308_123700.jpg

PSX_20220308_123938.jpg

Phil did you have to give them a sample of your leather or simply state lotus oyster ? i have a small mark on drivers bolster id like to nip in the bud and i do the seat entry method the same lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
Posted (edited)

I now own GX09 KRZ(Black) which was first registered 8 July 2009 and the last four are 0758. I take it this was perhaps an early demonstrator or something? 

It has had no number plate changes. It has all three packs but does not have a Launch Edition plaque.

Edited by Intrepid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Al said:

I thought every Evora owner slid the seat back and forth every entry!  

They do. It makes lifting your feet over the wider part of the sill much easier. Pain in the ar$e it's not electric though and can remember your front position 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

but think of the weight added!

I did think of putting a set of BMW electric seats in and have a set from my Z4M. They almost need two people to manoeuvre them in. In the end I went the other way and have a pair of CF seats that I can lift both with one hand.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Al said:

  Still looking good as well.

LMAO 🤣

Every time I see Phil's Evora it looks like it's been through a ploughed field. I'm always telling him it needs a bit of spit and polish and some TLC

Clay bar, what clay bar? 🤣

Edited by Rambo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well to be fair my cars are never clean either as no garage queens so for me it still looks good.🥰  Isn't that why you take car to a main dealer annually to get washed? :rofl:

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rambo said:

They do. It makes lifting your feet over the wider part of the sill much easier. Pain in the ar$e it's not electric though and can remember your front position 

You'd take for ever to get out waiting for electric seats to move all the way back !!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rambo said:

LMAO 🤣

Every time I see Phil's Evora it looks like it's been through a ploughed field. I'm always telling him it needs a bit of spit and polish and some TLC

Clay bar, what clay bar? 🤣

That's because I'm in Suffolk, near Ipswich - home of the tractor boys. These farmers never clean their tractor tyres before coming out of the fields so the roads are always muddy. Clean it, drive 5 miles and it's mucky again. I just blast it with a Karcher pressure washer to 'add lightness'. Life it too short for spit & polish when I could be driving.

  • Like 2

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, windymiller said:

Phil did you have to give them a sample of your leather or simply state lotus oyster ? i have a small mark on drivers bolster id like to nip in the bud and i do the seat entry method the same lol

I quoted the other guy's order number but I'm a few years after him so might be easier for them to find mine...  BUT ..  hopefully the East Anglian meets will start again soon - I can bring my 250ml bottle and let you have a squirt on a bit of sponge. I did the whole bolster panel and it hardly used any.

1 hour ago, Al said:

I thought every Evora owner slid the seat back and forth every entry!  😬  Every one I know who has, or had, one did that.  I still do some 12.5 years later.  I am a short legged unfit sore back merchant and would struggle any other way.  It is so quick I don't even think about it.

I was a long legged beanpole that had to run around in the shower to get wet but I've got a lot wider since I stopped playing football but continued the same beer consumption. My normal seat position was fairly well back so it didn't occur to me.

  • Like 2

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I emailed them (there's a thread in the Evora projects bit can't remember which one it's just not mine) with the email address and they've sent me the Paprika one for the same problem . I think they've had a fair few of us send swatches etc so they have a good supply of the seat colours . Next I'm going to send a sample of the black on the door sills so they can make a match for that black as it's got similar scuffing from where you get catch your feet on the way in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
8 hours ago, phil flash said:

I quoted the other guy's order number but I'm a few years after him so might be easier for them to find mine...  BUT ..  hopefully the East Anglian meets will start again soon - I can bring my 250ml bottle and let you have a squirt on a bit of sponge. I did the whole bolster panel and it hardly used any.

 

oyster may not quite match my charcoal interior lol 😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM
Posted (edited)

Recolour to oyster from charcoal and immediately improve your car.

The only thing charcoal is good for is the BBQ.

Edited by Bravo73
  • Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interestingly relating to tattooed ladies, I had two sets of wheels for the car when I had it as I also had a set of Winters for it to make the car a year round proposition.  (Still have them in fact and unused for about last 3 years due to such mild winters even up this way and maybe my UK time not maximising the use).  Anyway the winters were gloss black and summers were standard silver and I did a vote thing on here as I wasn't sure myself which I thought were best looking and it went about 60:40 to the silvers when paired with Aquamarine.  Also the younger age group tended towards black. My red cars have been all black wheels and present car is a Sports Racer also which I just think is the dogs dangly bits looks wise.  So suits the car.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

 

Dear Lotusman33

my car is

Lotus Evora LE chrome orange interior black 

SCCTC12209HP41058

234th Evora , 103th in RHD , 2nd in chrome orange

Built November 18th 2009

first registration november 24 2009

previously factory company car for Mrs Arundell

i own this car since February 28 2011

Lotus Evora LE chrome orange interior black 

SCCTC12209HP41058

234th Evora , 103th in RHD , 2nd in chrome orange

Built November 18th 2009

first registration november 24 2009

previously factory company car for Mrs Arundell

i own this car since February 28 2011

 

I have founded a photo of my car just before it was registered in france when it was still with his British registration.

as previously mentioned , it was a factory company car. 

 

89B2D38F-701C-42F8-A749-B086B9E7EB7A.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

so loving the colour !!! so 234th ? we havent solved this query on true LE numbers !!!! so mine was registered on the 3rd of sept and was 40th of 100 and 40th of 87 LE cars so on your cert does it state x number of 87 launch editions ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gold FFM

^^ The orange Evora is left hooker in the photo and according to the VIN (the P means it's LHD with aircon). It's also the last or penultimate LE if the total number produced for the UK and rest of world was 235 or 234. The 87/88 is for UK market Launch Editions only@windymiller

  • Like 2

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...