free hit
counters
Evora Launch Edition Register - Page 9 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Launch Edition Register

LOTUSMAN33

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Another possible LE, just been advertised in the forum's classified, but looks like it has now been sold by Guy Munday. He didn't advertise it as a Launch Edition though so could just be a NA with all three packs.

Liquid blue/grey interior, reg. RX59AXY, so a car sold by Bell & Colvill. First registered 01/01/2010.

• Thanks 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

• 3 weeks later...

Pleased to report as an owner of the Storm Titanium / Paprika owner of the "development" car originally designated with AU59DRV plate (LHD). The car has been imported to germany in 2012. Curious to know more about the development car, if there's any info on it! What does the "development" even mean in this context? 😃

4DC8ED69-391D-44BF-BE7B-F9B899B93651.jpeg

the VIN ends with 1030

Edited by Seb
Added VIN info
  • Like 1

Just perusing the list and mines the only August car so far... Factory shutdown by any chance ?

It's the date of registration, not manufacture. Most delay to September to get the later Registration Age Identifier 59, rather than 09.

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/04/2022 at 13:57, Seb said:

Pleased to report as an owner of the Storm Titanium / Paprika owner of the "development" car originally designated with AU59DRV plate (LHD). The car has been imported to germany in 2012. Curious to know more about the development car, if there's any info on it! What does the "development" even mean in this context? 😃

4DC8ED69-391D-44BF-BE7B-F9B899B93651.jpeg

the VIN ends with 1030

Seb, I think it was mistakenly listed as "development" due to its factory registration. The VIN puts it into regular series production; Lotus archives should be able to tell you what it was used for or who it was assigned to if it was a company car.

On 09/04/2022 at 20:10, cdco said:

Just perusing the list and mines the only August car so far... Factory shutdown by any chance ?

August registration would mean a dealer demonstrator. The first customer cars were on 59 plates from 1st September.

Thanks for the answer! I believe you mean the "certificate of provenance" thingy with the Lotus Archive, correct? I'm slowly warming up to it, provided it could have some interesting info there 😅

I also found my car in few shots around the europe https://www.autogespot.com/spots?licenseplate=AU59DRV&brand=Lotus&type=Evora as well as this DailyMail article (near the bottom) https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1278353/Monaco-Grand-Prix-Heading-south-France-Lotus-Elise.html 

On 03/05/2022 at 13:09, AMP said:

Hi all,

I've just purchased an LE Evora - I believe the original registration was HF59 AFO but is now on S18 PJJ. First registered 16th October 2009. White with paprika interior.

Alex

All added thank you 😉

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• Gold FFM

Found another Launch Edition on Facebook. This Evora was at the Club Lotus track day at Castle Coombe last month.

Screenshot_20220510-181114_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220510-181021_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

On 23/08/2021 at 14:42, Tris... said:

My first Evora was a Silver LE with an Oyster interior, AU59DRX, noticed its not on the list, I was wondering whether the owner is not on the Forum or whether the reg has been changed.

Tris...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdlQ0nuIL9n/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Looks like this one is coming back on the market. Looks in good condition although no mats inside probably means they are drying after it's been cleaned. 

It'll be interesting to see what it gets listed for. Dealership doesn't seem to be a Lotus expert as I believe they might have got the engine size listed incorrectly until someone corrected them. 

I've done my pendant piece and informed them it's unlikely to be an S.