free hit
counters
2010 Evora door will not open any advice please - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2010 Evora door will not open any advice please

Short run out in my Evora today arrived home and the drivers door will not open from the inside and out, central locking seems to be working fine any advice what could be the problem would be much appreciated the car is a 2010 model.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Strange coincidence that another one of these has been reported recently. I just repaired mine in Jan, and someone on the FB group is going through it now as well. 

Something in the early non-Inteva latch release mechanisms bind as they age, and it results in neither of the handles working to open the door. 

You can fix this yourself if you're handy, but it requires removing the 2 door striker bolts from the inside of the car. I posted a how-to over on LT:

https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/open-a-door-when-the-latch-has-failed-closed.475272

Give me a few to fix it; the mods deleted the wrong duplicate post which had all the info, and I have to recreate it in the second post. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, agentdr8 said:

Check again. I just finished re-posting the content. 

Thanks the links opens now 👍

That looks like a pain to sort out although good write up so thanks, I will be giving mine a good lubrication now to hopefully mitigate against this in the future.

Thanks for sharing, good luck sorting Scott and let us know how you got on?

Dave :) 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

Will do Dave, like you say it looks like a pain to fix so thinking it might have go to the dealers unless anyone as a easier solution?   and have to say thanks to agentdr8 for his feedback it’s much appreciated 

• Like 1

Thanks Mark it looks like the lock mechanism is faulty, ordered a new one luckily not on back ordered so will receive it next week, was down for Sunday’s tick run but sadly not going now with my door problem.