free hit
counters
new bushings are a little bit loose. - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

new bushings are a little bit loose.

Hi all,

Doing a suspension refurb, and after pressing out the old rubber bushings at the upper front track arms, I had them redone in yellow zinc as factory. I then pressed in new LOTAC poly bushings and doing that I noticed that two of those are a bit loose in the arms, as in they do sit, but not very tight as the other two and the old rubber bushings. I fear they may rotate or move about during suspension movement when driving.

Should I make a bit of the metal casing the are pressed into a bit nipped on the edge to try and retain them seated firmly or should I get new arms? Or something else? Or will they be firmer seated as a little bit of metal on the very edge of the track arms will squash back "onto the edge" of the new busgings when on the wheels, tightening everything back up?

What to do?

Installation is on halt untill I find a solution.

Kind regards,

jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic