free hit
counters
New toy required! - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

New toy required!

pbharcourt

Hi to the Hampshire massive.

I am looking for a new toy to play with and not one at my customary £250 price limit!

I am looking for a very late model Excel SE...or....get this...an early Evora ! 

Sally gave me the green light after sitting in one😁

So I would appreciate it if you guys could put your ear to the ground and ask around, I will be very grateful with 🍺 rewards.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ooh, look at you getting all modern on us!  👍

I'm glad to hear that you have finally worn Sally down through a continuous stream of £250 diamonds in the rough 🤣  It might take a couple of extra zeros to get into the Evora club, but I will keep an eye out and give you a shout if I spot anything worthy. 

• Like 1

Thanks Kenny

This is harder than I thought! 
Almost all of them are with dealers and the the spec and prices vary enormously, I am trying to find one for between £250 - 30k 🤣

of the two I enquired about one was sold some time ago and the other had a full engine rebuild at 36,000miles ...ummm

The engine rebuild is surprising, the Toyota engines generally seem to take the miles without complaint.  That said, if it was hammered from day 1 and  maintenance was neglected, then all bets are off.

Having had a look, I see what you mean about the dealer stock, there's some "ambitious" pricing out there!

• Gold FFM

Good man!  Best bet is to keep an eye on this, but it's been unusually quiet for a while... I'm sure if you posted in there too that you'd get plenty of advice and help.

It's always worth having a butchers here too 😀

Of course, if the Sale hadn't been agreed I would be wholeheartedly suggesting that you stop your search immediately and buy this🤪

Orange one already sold....or was it ever for sale?....just a dealers way of getting attention!

Just sell me yours for 25k Dave, you just don't need it really😁

Very nice!👍  Congratulations Paul & Sally!

• Like 1

Nice!

It's still in the process of being finished off so won't pick it up until May.

I hadn't noticed the mirrors!

It has had a glass out repaint, re-trim, all suspension bushes replaced, new tyres, exhaust etc, etc, etc

Hopefully it will be as close to new as I can get.

• Like 1

Early (your car) mirrors were Rover SD1, later (mine) were Citroen CX. Both cars probably rarer than an Excel now!

Not sure what they've fitted to yours but looks like a nice job 👍

Loved my Excel, wish I still had it

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/03/2020 at 18:42, pbharcourt said:

Well it looks like the decision has been made.

I was so close to pulling the trigger on an Evora, and then a fully restored Excel SA was offered to me before it came to market!

Lovely looking car, autos aren't really my thing but Sally said she would drive it so that clinched it.

I still have the Evora itch to scratch but that's for another day...when they go for £250 :)

PART_1584115192722.jpeg

Bastard! That's my ideal Excel 😭

I'll give you £250.01 for it...cash!

• Haha 1

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

It is all on hold now due to virus gate!

Hopefully it will still happen but if it falls through I will put you in touch Pete 😁

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...