free hit
counters
Dash mounted build plaque - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Spinney

Dash mounted build plaque

Anybody know whose signature this is please, from the dash on my GT410 Sport? Looks a bit like A.Mealing. Is that right?

IMG_0378.thumb.jpg.fdb2c25256b93fb668a108e4f55be281.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/90965-hand-built-in-hethel-who-built-yours/

There's an Andrew Mealing who is an Automotive Electrician at Lotus. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I really wanted one for my car as the first year or so of 400’s don’t have them, I asked but I was told it’s all to hard..shame 

To be honest! I think where they put them and how they are just screwed on looks totally naff.

I suspect you'll be bloody lucky if the person named on the plaque spent more than ten minutes "building" your car. It's a naff marketing ploy dreamed up JMG or someone to make an owner feel special to justify the price increase at the time.

Now, if you had one on a CUP car, built by Motorsport Division, that would be special in my very humble opinion.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

It is up there with Andy Palmer, CEO of Fatcars Martin, personally signing 'limited' cars. He signed a lot of cheques too but they eventually bounced and someone on a Stroll walked in to clear up the mess. 

Marketing hype. Luckily, the Evora is brilliant, the plaque adds weight, best remove it. 😁

Justin 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

To be honest! I think where they put them and how they are just screwed on looks totally naff.

I suspect you'll be bloody lucky if the person named on the plaque spent more than ten minutes "building" your car. It's a naff marketing ploy dreamed up JMG or someone to make an owner feel special to justify the price increase at the time.

Now, if you had one on a CUP car, built by Motorsport Division, that would be special in my very humble opinion.

Yeah, but it's nice to have someone to blame when your windscreen trim falls off.  That Bliddy bloke wassisname did this.

• Haha 2

Or the person who didn’t do up the zip ties tight enough that hold the wiring loom onto the plastic retainers, resulting in my dash creak. However thanks to him I have a far more intimate knowledge of what’s behind the dash and how to access it.

1 hour ago, Cdm2018 said:

I was wondering is a plaque in every Evora car ? Just like to locate it and see the name ? Thanks 

No. Later cars from 2017 I think but others will know the exact MY.

Justin

Thanks Justin 

at least I don’t have to blame anyone however I am sure the hundreds of hard working folk in Hethel are doing a fantastic job and we are all human so odd mistake here is just life !