free hit
counters
Quick question on brake pads for a 350 Sport - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Quick question on brake pads for a 350 Sport

Can someone please confirm that I have the correct Ferodo pads for the 350? I’ve added a photo of the new pad vs existing and you’ll see the existing pad has a plate (about 1mm thick) on the back of it whereas the new pad doesn’t. I’ve also attached a pic of the new pad part numbers. The backing plates/holes are an exact match btw.  Apologies for upside down pics...grrr!

47724569-7932-4BEB-8C27-EA1E52B894C8.jpeg

2CE0AB54-5106-4D9D-AA6E-2F96C1169887.jpeg

Edited by Karls

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

That plate on the back of the pad is an anti-squeal shim. Not essential, but it does serve the purpose it's name suggests. In racing applications you don't really care about brake squeal so they don't tend to be fitted to racing pads. Bit of copper slip, or better still Ceratec, will do the same job.

• Like 1

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

6 hours ago, tomcattom said:

That plate on the back of the pad is an anti-squeal shim. Not essential, but it does serve the purpose it's name suggests. In racing applications you don't really care about brake squeal so they don't tend to be fitted to racing pads. Bit of copper slip, or better still Ceratec, will do the same job.

Probably not , I fitted some fast road pads but did not like the whistle/hum from them even with copper slip, so have gone back to OEM. 
Certainly for mainly track use no problem but on road it can be irritating 

I needed pads fitting ASAP (hope to be at Spa on Monday) and the ones BoT had we Performance Friction so will be testing those out soon. Supposed to be much better than the DS2500s (which I liked) and last a little longer too.