free hit
counters
New Selfmade Shifter, also short lever stroke - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

New Selfmade Shifter, also short lever stroke

Hello everyone,

I'm pleasure to show you the shifter I've made by my self.

The 1st step was increasing the stifness of the system, so I made a new ergal base and hand brake stainless steel frame where I fitted the other oem components.

Here some pictures:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/dxUDn371JaeMzZPq7

The improvement is impressive, more precise gear change and no shifter movement; it remained only a little coupling imperfection on the cross cable mechanism.

Unfortunately, after some month of use, I had an issue on the blu ball on the lever… it started to broken :(

A new Lotus lever is more than 200€, and probably I would still have had the same problem in a few months, so...

The 2nd step: I decided to realize a complete new mechanism to guarantee more durability.

While I was designing it, I had the idea to improve a sort of "short shifter", so the final result is a complete custom made shifter that has also the possibility to adjust the lever stroke (from standard stroke to shorter stroke, in continuous way, not only 2 or 3 presetted positions). In 1 object I have togheter a new shifter and some Letsla benefits :)

Here the final result: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oTEkJ473f8JrxJXV7

The step1 can stay under the oem shifter cover. I think also the step2 but never tried, it's so beautiful to cover it. I also realise a new switches support.

If someone wants more info, feel free to contact me.

Manuel

PS: this is designed for Toyota engine elise/exige, LHD

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone, I'm pleasure to show you the shifter I've made by my self. The 1st step was increasing the stifness of the system, so I made a new ergal base and hand brake stainless steel f