free hit
counters
This freaked me out! - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

This freaked me out!

mark248am

Something super freaky happened to me today. I was driving on the highway when suddenly a huge bug fell out from behind my sun visor, onto the dashboard and then ran across the dash towards the passenger side and then into the top window vent.

I was like WHAT THE FUCK. Like I think i kept going wtf for like 5 minutes trying to figure out what that was, how it got in and what I am supposed to do. I'm not scared of bugs but didn't know what kind of bug this was and the lotus cockpit is pretty tiny so don't want a bug flying around while I'm driving, it's gross.

So I decided to keep driving to my destination, I was like 3 minutes away. I didn't move, I was driving super stiff with my corner of my eye looking towards where I last saw the bug. Once I got to my destination I was looking for parking when the bug climbed back up onto the dash, and headed towards the passenger door. Then it disappeared, I didn't know if it flew out or fell down. Whatever the case I just stopped the car right there in the middle of the road, got out and went to the passenger side door and opened it. I couldn't find it so hoping it flew out.

Super freaky, still don't know what it was. It wasn't a roach I think, it was matte brown color, the top of it looked like a giant moth with wings but the lower half looked like a roach.

In any case my question is, is there an opening it could have come in from? like maybe from the vents?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hold on, you have sun visors!?!

And yeah a bug could have crawled through the vents, no sealing. You could place mesh over the intakes you stop it though. Ladies thighs used to be a popular option 😁

Cockchafer perhaps? (no sniggering at the back 😁) They normally appear around April/May but maybe earlier due to the mild winter? 

First time one landed next to me whilst out in the garage I was rather startled at the size of the beast!

Edited by Nathan

2 minutes ago, MrP_ said:

Ladies thighs used to be a popular option

And tights! Standard upgrade on an S1 Elise to stop wasps hitting you in the face (and the dash being really dusty all the time!). 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
56 minutes ago, MrP_ said:

Ladies thighs used to be a popular option

Oh, yes, very popular with me are ladies thighs. Can't get enough of them. 

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

And tights! Standard upgrade on an S1 Elise to stop wasps hitting you in the face (and the dash being really dusty all the time!). 

Hmm....so what is the solution on later models as my Exige suffers from the same.

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

yeah my dash is dusty all the time!! so this is a thing, where is the opening to the vent on the outside of the car and can i just close it off with ductape or a balloon?

3 hours ago, MrP_ said:

Hold on, you have sun visors!?!

And yeah a bug could have crawled through the vents, no sealing. You could place mesh over the intakes you stop it though. Ladies thighs used to be a popular option 😁

Doh! Always read your post before hitting post!

• Haha 1