free hit
counters
my Yuasa YBX5100 is toast. - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Ok, so my battery is fooked.  Looks like it is less than 2 years old!  Although I bought the car in November.  Only left it for a week not on charge 😥.  So what are the recommendations for a replacement and do I have any chance of discount on a replacement from Yuasa?

Also is it worth getting a lithium replacement?  I'm not convinced and the car is only a weekender.

Thx.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ProTaducTt

Quantity

Price

Got this 2 weeks ago its a monster:

Tayna Batteries online:

E38 Varta Silver Dynamic Car Battery 74Ah (096 / 100)

£78.95

P&P

£7.97

TOTAL

£86.92

construction and property consultants : My company

^^ 2nd recommendation for the  Varta Silver Dynamic E38 74AH as a good alternative conventional battery.

I had to have the OEM Varta Blue Dynamic battery changed in my NA about six month after I bought it. Touch wood the E38 battery, which is 5 1/2 years old now, is still holding up very well.

My Evora is a weekend car too, but I keep it on a battery conditioner when it's at home in the garage. I learned my lesson one winter a few years back with a battery in a Europa S that I nearly killed due to the cold temperatures and parasitic battery drain, the latter which is a known for the Elige cars and the Evora.

Here's a link regarding warranty on the Yuasa UK website. Unfortunately I think you might be out of luck with a claim/discount, but you could try.

https://www.yuasa.co.uk/info/quality-assurance/warranty-explained/

Edited by EuropaSman

Lover of everything Lotus Cars and proud owner of production Evora No.75 (2nd UK customer specced car by VIN). Originally from the Far East....of Anglia, I read black box data for a living so that could explain a lot!

1 hour ago, EuropaSman said:

^^ 2nd recommendation for the  Varta Silver Dynamic E38 74AH as a good alternative conventional battery.

I had to have the OEM Varta Blue Dynamic battery changed in my NA about six month after I bought it. Touch wood the E38 battery, which is 5 1/2 years old now, is still holding up very well.

My Evora is a weekend car too, but I keep it on a battery conditioner when it's at home in the garage. I learned my lesson one winter a few years back with a battery in a Europa S that I nearly killed due to the cold temperatures and parasitic battery drain, the latter which is a known for the Elige cars and the Evora.

Here's a link regarding warranty on the Yuasa UK website. Unfortunately I think you might be out of luck with a claim/discount, but you could try.

https://www.yuasa.co.uk/info/quality-assurance/warranty-explained/

Thx Elige.?  Is that a new model coming out 😂

Elige = Elise/Exige, a collective term often used in the USA, IIRC. 

Without a Proof of Purchase (ie a receipt), I suspect that you’ll get jack-sh1t from Yuasa. 

For a replacement, go Bosch. 

I swapped from the Varta blue top to the silver Yuasa so fingers crossed it lasts longer than yours as was getting through a blue top every 2-3 years 

Think the Varta silver top one gets a good review so will be trying that if the Yuasa doesn't work out