free hit
counters
TLF Membership - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

TLF Membership

• Gold FFM

All, 

and this is because our “leader” will never do it, I actually found out the figures of Full Forum Members on here and everyone else using this forum it was shocking! Actually beyond shocking 

I pay my £20 every year and it is probably the best £20 I pay for anything every year. So let’s, especially at this time, when we are going to be on here more, just go and sign up it’s less than a decent bottle of wine! 

Dan E 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We should close that border, everyone is doing it these days. Gold Forum isolation.  Justin 

It's a free world, pay away! Probably why so few pay for membership in the first place 😆

The internet isn't free.  Someone has to pay for it.  I pay for www.lotusespritturbo.com , it's had over 17 million visitors over 16 years, maybe people take it for granted but I still pay for it's av

• Gold FFM

I'm gold member. Doing my bit!  Think I also paid for FFM too this year.

• Love 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Thanks Dan, it's very much appreciated as is your support. 

Andy, you shouldn't have paid twice. I'll look into that a pop a refund for the 2nd payment over. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

I spent £20 on juice today just blatting around in the Excel for an hour or so. 

TLF is a bargain....imagine if it was taken away by LOFID-19, a mysterious Lotus virus, Lotus Owners Forum is Dead. 

Enjoy and contribute.

Justin 

PS. Can I have my subs back pls, income has just disappeared! 

• Haha 1
  • Gold FFM
35 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Thanks Dan, it's very much appreciated as is your support. 

Andy, you shouldn't have paid twice. I'll look into that a pop a refund for the 2nd payment over. 

@bibs - no need, put it in the picture hosting fund!  My bad not yours as I didn't change my Paypal auto payment thingy when I went Gold. Seriously, all good bud.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Already refunded mate but thank you! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

A no brainer frankly. I really don’t know why folks whom can afford a lotus won’t dip in £24 when the information on here will save you at least that per year.

but sadly - that’s the modern take take take society we live in

Only here once

The internet isn't free.  Someone has to pay for it.  I pay for www.lotusespritturbo.com , it's had over 17 million visitors over 16 years, maybe people take it for granted but I still pay for it's availability out of my own pocket.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM
30 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Already refunded mate but thank you! 

I'll buy you a few beers mate next time we get together. Providing we live that long of course!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You're welcome to a free hosting account on the TLF server @Mark Blanchard. Dedicated machine, 32GB of RAM and SSD on the UK's fastest hosting company. 

• Like 1

Evora NA

That's always the way. I'd be very interested in why people don't sign up, if there's anything that would convince people to contribute or reasons why you don't?

Evora NA

Facebook is the problem as you probably know.  It's all free and generally mindless rubbish.  All forums are struggling at the moment because of it, including the clubs I'm a member of; Mustang Owners Club UK and Mopar Muscle Association UK.

In terms of visitors and page loads, we're not at all and are always seeing traffic increase. Facebook is very transitional and we have over 15 years of historic technical info which drives a lot of traffic to us plus a great community of people, of friends. We also have 94,000 fans on facebook (I think the biggest single marque club page on there!) so have that covered, a lot of visitors come to TLF via there rather than vice versa.

Traffic, visitors and page loads really aren't an issue, Dan was asking why only such a small percentage of visitors/members are willing to dip into their pockets and contribute to the site when many get so much from it. 

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

@Bibs can you just give these people the figures 

1. FFM 

2. Gold FFM 

3. Visitor's today 

4. visitors last month 

5. Visitors last year

or the best way to show this 

1. FFM - 344 (including approx 50 free accounts for Armed Forces (inc ex) and Blue Light employees). 

2. Gold FFM - 29

3. Visitor's today - 7,804 (so far!) 

4. Visitors last month - 184,264

5. Visitors last year - 2,272,870

Those are unique visitors, not visitor sessions which are of course much higher due to returning visitors. 

If anyone wanted some insight into what goes into running TLF, have a watch of @GTK's amazeballs interview with me. And yes, we've broken Chad now :lol:

• Love 1

Evora NA

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, Bibs said:

1. FFM - 344 (including approx 50 free accounts for Armed Forces (inc ex) and Blue Light employees). 

2. Gold FFM - 29

3. Visitor's today - 7,804 (so far!) 

4. Visitors last month - 184,264

5. Visitors last year - 2,272,870

Those are unique visitors, not visitor sessions which are of course much higher due to returning visitors. 

If anyone wanted some insight into what goes into running TLF, have a watch of @GTK's amazeballs interview with me. And yes, we've broken Chad now :lol:

That is a shockingly low paid-up percentage.

But...quantum is important and if folk don't want to pay, at least they are here and often contributing in other ways. 

Justin 

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

I agree @jep, small numbers but each to their own.

Character. Economic circumstances etc all play a part in peoples willingness or ability to pay.

For some TLF is a source of information only. Useful yes. But worth paying for? Well thanks in no small part to the internet people expect something for nothing.

I enjoy the banter in general and fully engage in it. I wonder, does posting activity correlate with paid membership? I enjoy the TLF xmas dinner and meeting many who I share posts with. I guess it feels to me like a club. So maybe that's why I'm prepared to pay.

12 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

£24 well spent and I don't have a Lotus anymore either.  This is the best car community, end of.

Snap

• Gold FFM

Gold gets you a nice border. You should try it 👍