free hit
counters
Driving a car without MOT - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Spinney

Driving a car without MOT

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

This has been of some relief for a car due next month.

It's also likely to be a lasting PITA for the Evora, which with a 6 month extension is due on January 6th... when it would normally be mothballed for the winter 😕

I guess being considered in the vulnerable group, I’m now ok to leave mine until much later. 

44 minutes ago, Mister_Tad said:

This has been of some relief for a car due next month.

It's also likely to be a lasting PITA for the Evora, which with a 6 month extension is due on January 6th... when it would normally be mothballed for the winter 😕

I've got same situation, mines due in July. However I would think it's possible to get it MOT'd before the end of the 6 months eg September/October. That's assuming a) The MOT stations are open by then. b) The lockdown's lifted by then. c) I'm still around to care about things like that!

1 hour ago, tezzan said:

I've got same situation, mines due in July. However I would think it's possible to get it MOT'd before the end of the 6 months eg September/October. That's assuming a) The MOT stations are open by then. b) The lockdown's lifted by then. c) I'm still around to care about things like that!

Maybe so - in which case I'd still get it done in July regardless.

I'd assume the lockdown will be lifted at least partially after a couple months, perhaps June, and then re-introduced 4-8 weeks after that again, which would fit in nicely with being able to do something in July.

Oh Sugar lumps,  darn,  and lots of phrases I shall not type here. My Excel's MoT ran out 18th March. I didn't get it done as I was still recovering from 'flu and now more important things mean it will not get done (isolating).