free hit
counters
Can we still go out for a drive ? - Page 3 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Can we still go out for a drive ?

Since the wind is blowing from the other direction today I can hear the traffic on the A6. Judging by the noise, there still seem to be plenty of performance cars and sports motorcycles screaming up and down the road. It’s not really the most direct route to the supermarket. Very much a case of I’ll do what I damn well like, thank you very much.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No you can't Reasons - its unecessary movement, you might break down and need assistance, you might crash and need medical assistance, people could see you and think 'if he can do it then I can

I really don't see why stay at home is so hard to understand.    The more people seen "out for a drive" the more people will think it's ok to be out and about.  I despair sometimes at the self centred

Ill be doing just the same Barry but no more.  My wife works on a day surgery ward at our local hospital 3.5 days per week  She came home yesterday and as of Monday she has been put onto 12hr continen

Posted Images

Yep plenty of simpletons here as well.

• Gold FFM

You called @mdw. How may I help?  :)

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

10 hours ago, C8RKH said:

If you only get your collar felt then I must confess, I really do not see the attraction!

Andy - please expand - I never thought there was an attraction, how ever you understood it........

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

I regularly hear idiots as well. Cars and bikes. If we need things at the shops, only 1 of us goes. When we get home we wash our hands, Liz sprays Glen20 on everything. We don’t leave the house for any other reason. 
And we don’t have the lockdown to the same extent as you in the UK.

Don’t get me wrong, it is coming. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, ramjet said:

Don’t get me wrong, it is coming. 

Have you taken us back to the dogging comments again? I thought it would be best for 2 to go in that case. :)

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I say if you want to drive your Lotus and it needs a drive take it to the supermarket the normal route and fast.  They haven’t stipulated what car you can drive or what speed you go, you’re in a hurry.  Yes there might not be much space in it for bags but it’ll put a smile back on your face.

• Gold FFM

The normal fast route is even quicker than normal - there’s just no one about.

even better - at the supermarket you can actually park the car without worrying about some fool parking next to you

• Like 1

Only here once

We're a hodgepodge of conflicting actions here depending on which state or larger city you reside in.  Some states, coastal especially,  are locked down while others have only  partial controls, closing bars, schools, churches, mainly gathering places in effect.  

As I live in the south, attitudes tend to  range from quite "relaxed" to more understandably self protective but inTennessee there are still no restrictions on movement.  Here in Nashville, bars/pubs, restaurants, schools, tourist attractions are closed  along with a number of other categories and the city is encouraging people to stay home. But there's no "shelter in place" order.  As  I am in an at risk category (my age)  I am taking the threat rather seriously but we have no restrictions on movement  per se. However, my neighborhood is pretty much locked down.  

We are  sheltering in place but without orders to the contrary I can still drive for pleasure although it isn't recommended of course.   After two weeks of isolation apart from a trip to the grocers, I took my car for a drive two days ago. I thought I'd have it all to myself but I didn't.  Traffic was much lighter than normal (and with no delays) but there were still  plenty of cars on the roads.  

I had my drive and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I  thought about doing it again today but  decided to pass.    I am using the hell out of my hifi, my headphones and my other electronics in between knocking off  household projects. This  would be ok,  a bunch of snow days strung together,  if it wasn't so miserable for so many.  It's very tempting to drive and ride my bikes.   I'm trying to keep that limited to necessity but once mounted I can drive a bit and retrieve the vittles on the way home.  I  count myself lucky given  the anxiety, depression, real need and misery being suffered by so many others. 

• Like 1

'17 Evora 400 MT