free hit
counters
Self Isolation - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
C8RKH

Self Isolation

so some good news the oven fan just blew up, ordered part comes tomorrow that’s one job to do, have family pub quiz at 7pm 14 of us! I am hoping everything decides to blow up consistently for the next 3 months. Not the Esprit as Sparkles is in strict isolation doing Lego and gin. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You need monopoly on the Wii - it’s ace

Only here once

Gardens tidied up and drives and paths jet washed over the past week, so thought it was time for a bit of fun. Lotus on lockdown in the garage so the next best thing some VR racing.

2E2378D8-04DD-4080-83EA-AA76F5E49C8E.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pete said:

1 week in and I have lost 3 lb

Yeah them petrol station toilet rolls are expensive 

Only here once

8 minutes ago, 100th_Idiot said:

Excellent. I got the Lotus add on pack for Project Cars

9 minutes ago, 100th_Idiot said:

Excellent. I got the Lotus add on pack for Project Cars

Need to download the Lotus add on pack now I have time on my hands lol, thanks for the tip 👍

• Like 1

Similar stories in suburban NY.  I start tomorrow morning giving online lectures to university students around the world (they have all gone home of course) from my house.   It'll be interesting to see if the university network holds up when everything starts again remotely. The campus is closed.  The national guard are building a field hospital in the basketball arena and we have a drive through testing center in one of the large car parks. Now it's more than 2 weeks, I'm getting used to being at home all day.   Statistics say that the worst will be past by early to mid May around here. 

Crazy Times

I've been quite productive but still have so much to do. Amongst them fixing the bodges by the previous owner of this house  - who vents a shower extract fan to underneath the insulation in the loft boards?! Caused all the taping on the ceiling to crack, moisture etc. In the same bathroom I've ripped out the leaking shower screen (still to go back in though). Assembled some wardrobes, sorted out all my financial paperwork, put a new battery in my old iphone (for my sister), split some wood, sorted some of the garage and made multiple flowers, dinosaurs and insects out of Playdoh to keep my 4 year son entertained 😇

Finally gave my computer some much need maintenance - stripped down, cleaned thoroughly and a change of coolant 😬, bleeding the air out of it now (it's easier than bleeding the Lotus!). Then it'll be ready for some Doom Eternal.....

IMG_5634.thumb.jpg.a44c1389db3dc93c9d8f9c52302da342.jpg

While we were exploring with the dogs we discovered this beauty:

IMG_5603.thumb.jpg.ac4185787fb599be6394aac064c8d8c2.jpg

Can you guess what it is? Internet cookie for the first right answer! It's been there awhile and we've no idea how it got there as it's quite deep in to the forest. It's probably older than some of the trees around it. Certainly gave an apocalyptic feeling to the day....

After next week my annual leave is over (booked in advance annual leave happens when we are required to isolate, go figure) and I'm back at work, being on the key workers list. 

• Like 1

Signature not working...

It's the dropped rear side window that gives it away to someone as old as I am.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

5 minutes ago, USAndretti42 said:

It's the dropped rear side window that gives it away to someone as old as I am.

That's exactly what I focused on when trying to find out what it was, although below was the giveaway that it was a Toyota. A 4x4 too, but no match for a tree it seems.

IMG_5611.thumb.jpg.c755cbd2000e01af3f144ce66fc17dd1.jpg

Signature not working...

I think the book people of Fahrenheit 451 hide out there  😉

• Haha 2

My poor Europa is in isolation whether I like it or not. Being short of garage space, I rent space for it in an otherwise unused section of secure parking at an extended care facility. Normally a great deal as the car is safe and the space is cheap. But now the care facility has had a confirmed case of Covid and is in complete lockdown so I guess the car is stuck there for the duration.

I'm not in lockdown at home but am generally staying put. I've been turned into a garden serf. (Not the most enthusiastic gardener on the planet)

Mike

'97 V8

'73 Europa TC

'10 Elise SC

I was going to say Tercel as well. Nearly bought one when they first came out. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

15 hours ago, Dan E said:

Sparkles is in strict isolation doing Lego and gin. 

And I'm fresh out of Lego.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

I do recall being a nipper and actually using lego to make random stuff from my imagination. C'mon Sparkles, lets see your best space rocket!

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

16 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I do recall being a nipper and actually using lego to make random stuff from my imagination. C'mon Sparkles, lets see your best space rocket!

Do you really want to see what @Sparky's imagination may conjure up with Lego?  My mid boggles, but I'll give it a go... Come on then. Piccies please

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

mother in law ok😇

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong