free hit
counters
Is this correct? Seat belt clips after harness install - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Is this correct? Seat belt clips after harness install

Had my harnesses installed earlier this week whilst still enabling use of the seatbelts. The passenger side retention buckle by the handbrake is nice and tight but the driver's side buckle is loose. The bolts is tight though. I know springs/spacers were removed to allow the extra thickness of the harness lap belt.

I've been told this movement is normal by the installer but I don't think it is. I video'd the movement but the file is too large to upload. The lateral movement from side to side makes you think the bolt isn't tight.

Surely this isn't right?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What subframes for the seat do you have? If not sure what was your production year?

Either way no, I would not expect excessive play

I have recently fitted a harness and retained the 3 point seat belts.  It should be possible to move the buckles back and forth with a bit of resistance, but there should be no free play.

Was the attached fitting kit used?

s111-harness-fitting-kit.pdf

1 hour ago, KennyN said:

I have recently fitted a harness and retained the 3 point seat belts.  It should be possible to move the buckles back and forth with a bit of resistance, but there should be no free play.

Was the attached fitting kit used?

s111-harness-fitting-kit.pdf 103.18 kB · 0 downloads

Not sure the age of Karls car, so that kit may not fit (not needed for post 2018 cars due to a change in seat subframes). But I suspect they should have used that kit and not done it

Thanks for replies guys. It’s a 2016 350 Sport. The harness bar and fitting kit was bought from Seriously Lotus. Harnesses were bought from MSAR. I’m not sure what subframes I have.

12 minutes ago, Karls said:

Thanks for replies guys. It’s a 2016 350 Sport. The harness bar and fitting kit was bought from Seriously Lotus. Harnesses were bought from MSAR. I’m not sure what subframes I have.

You have the older ones, so the fitting kit @kennyN mentioned is often used and it sounds like you've used that anyway. They have missed off some washers as it sounds too loose, there is a thicker spacer in there normally and they have likely replaced this and not added in a suitable replacement.Using this kit I have never had any excess play and have done this in at least 5 of my own cars, and many others cars too. They may have simply missed off a spacer