free hit
counters
ALDL to OBD2 - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

May be a strange question but I have seen adapter cables from GM OBD1 to OBD2. I have a really comprehensive OBD2 machine and wondered if one of these would allow it to read my S4 or is ALDL to USB and laptop my only option?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought as much. Ideally I would want an ALDL to USB as I don't have a laptop old enough for serial port. Any clues as to the best place for them. Eastern shores wont be a problem as im not in too much hurry.

• Gold FFM

You need a free scan or espritmon setup chap - it’s the only way of knowing if the TPS is set correctly. Without it being correct you may well never get 100% throttle - which is where the magic happens.

Only here once

I agree Barry. I need the interface though so any pointers for a USB version would be great.

Regarding your original query it depends on whether the diagnostic tool / software  is capable of ALDL diagnostics (some of the professional tools are) and how the ALDL to OBD-II cable is wired. If both tool and cable are suitable then the next hurdle would be whether the Esprit is supported. I expect that it would not be because, AFAIK, its datastream is unique to the Esprit.

Thanks Derek. Hope you are keeping well. Have you finished that Mister 2 yet?

Drop her off Derek. Ill sort your calliper/door lock and you sort my rich and lumpy running/ABS flashing on the Esprit lol.

• 1 month later...