free hit
counters
I've been Furloughed - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

I've been Furloughed

ChrisJ

• Gold FFM

@C8RKHyour ignorance is showing again - this might help

Simon Brodkin (@SimonBrodkin) Tweeted:
Premier League footballer Jason Bent responds to pay cut demands💰https://t.co/dO5j2AJ6fV https://twitter.com/SimonBrodkin/status/1246760494201016320?s=20

• Like 1

Only here once

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I’m with you guys, I’m happy to social distance myself in the Evora, can’t wait as only been out in it twice before the lockdown hit.
I may wait until June though as still have things to finish on the mini restoration, if I don’t do them with a target date another year will pass with it sat in my garage under a cover.

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

3 hours ago, pete said:

Going to do it tomorrow

done , summer tyres on new wheels being fitted tomorrow

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 2 weeks later...

I'm being taken off furlough from Tuesday.

Will be working from home for the foreseeable future though.

• Like 2

Hopefully WFH will work for you, I don't just mean you can technically perform the role from home, it's things like you can segregate work time from personal time, and not keep to routines. Things like making sure you do take time off even just for a few mins like a coffee break or mental break (like posting this), even using one computer for work and one for personal stuff can help as you don't see that email out of hours that causes you to do work when you shouldn't be working.

I've just been told to expect to WFH until the end of September at least. That's fine for me since the functionality is there for me to WFH the same as if I was in the office with only minor differences, so not really a change for me since I was WFH from the start of the year due to a combination of my bad back and my Father being hospitalised. I strongly recommend looking at online resources for how to mange the WFH work/home balance.

I've worked from home for 12 years now. The thing that's made it work for me is to be at my desk in a dedicated 'office' from 9am to 6pm each day. No TV, no distractions, just work. To be fair, the trouble with a job like running this shenanigans is that I finish at 6, cook some dinner/do household stuff and retire to the garden or lounge and open up a laptop and jump back on TLF so weirdly I consider my evening time on TLF to be by leisure time rather than work. Funny old world but it's worked for me for a long time! 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I worked from home for 10+ years when I was in Africa so quite used to it. In the UK apart from a five year stint working in the centre of London (hated the travel), I've always worked less than 15 minutes from home.

With the advent of VPN and being able to remote onto my work PC there isn't a need for me to be in the office at all to be honest as I'm in software development.

Last 8 weeks I've been re-writing some of my old software, so am into the swing of working from home. Will need work to provide me with a new chair though as my current one is on it's last legs.

The only downside in the past is that my wife saw me at home and thought I was on holiday, so kept asking for help in the garden, house, to go shopping. She has now realised that when I'm at my PC I'm working

Tomorrow will be the end of week 9 without working and can’t see any end to it yet.

D972100D-C1B4-419B-AEA4-999C32AD2DB1.jpeg

• Sad 2

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM

I've been working from home the past 9 weeks or so. Work starts at 0700 and finishes around 1930 most days.

It's been a bloody long hard slog but we have had our best first quarter ever for sales, and Q2 is looking like it will be the same. Bloody amazing really.

I'm usually travelling 3 or 4 nights each week, so this is starting to get a bit dull and repetitive.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

First day back in the office in preperation to start, though my boss can't give me an exact date other than "early June". Sadly I should be spending my first morning in Cyprus in my own villa instead I am here. earning 33% of my normal monies as the other 2/3rds is normally commission.

Sucks.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)