free hit
counters
Lotus Esprit S3 Turbo Project - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As @LOTUSMAN33 said, the vin number would be great for everyone! It will also be able to tell you exactly how early it is. Of course finding a replacement dry sump engine will be next to impossible bu

I finally bought my dream car, unfortunately it is a major project and at present isn't much to look at. The car has no engine and gearbox so I am after some ideas on what engine and gearbox I could u

Hi Dave, Yes there is lots of work and not having a garage will hinder progress.  It does seem as soon as you say esprit the price goes up. I will update as the build progresses. James

Posted Images

7 hours ago, EspritS3Noob said:

Thanks James, :D 

I went to see the car the other day, it's really not in a good condition as i said,

but i had to give him a fair offer due to the condition (which was 80% less than what he was asking)

hope he agrees tho.

anyways I have attached few pics of the car, unfortunately i couldn't inspect it properly.

IMG-0875.thumb.jpg.62d9ffd466a86707c856139e8c70ab1b.jpgIMG-0874.thumb.jpg.09b1ec8e8ae4aad25c35743fa2cf6981.jpgIMG-0873.thumb.jpg.d4df82c9b4c78f7de3e69ec9669139ab.jpgIMG-0872.thumb.jpg.2c019497104d717d04dc5e02c90d2560.jpgIMG-0880.thumb.jpg.4e3b2022e93f39363b7ad2c050b9a31f.jpgIMG-0879.thumb.jpg.e889a7090c2ba14d200428fc27f51bb5.jpg

IMG-0885.jpg

IMG-0887.jpg

IMG-0882.jpg

Looks like a good basis to start from, its more complete than my one with all the body panels and interior in place, just looks like the engine let go at some point, hence why its been removed and of course isn't uncommon. If you can get the car at a good price or negotiate on your original offer I would not hesitate.

An excellent find, it looks like a lot of work, but don't be put off I can visualize the finished car.  

I look forward to hearing how you get on with your offer.

• Like 1
On 07/04/2020 at 08:33, James.007 said:

Looks like a good basis to start from, its more complete than my one with all the body panels and interior in place, just looks like the engine let go at some point, hence why its been removed and of course isn't uncommon. If you can get the car at a good price or negotiate on your original offer I would not hesitate.

An excellent find, it looks like a lot of work, but don't be put off I can visualize the finished car.  

I look forward to hearing how you get on with your offer.

As @LOTUSMAN33 said, the vin number would be great for everyone! It will also be able to tell you exactly how early it is. Of course finding a replacement dry sump engine will be next to impossible but a wet sump engine should be possible.

Be worth finding out what colour it was originally too via a certificate from Lotus if you buy it. looks like many a coat of paint on it..over everything!

Lex

• Like 2

Thanks for all of your support @James.007 , @Lex Templar and @LOTUSMAN33

Unfortunately I didn't have the chance to note down the VIN number.

I think I should post a new thread explaining my find, as this post is Jame's project

also i am having a hard time estimating a fair price for the car, I am still waiting for the owner's decision on my initial offer

• Like 1