free hit
counters
Lotus Configurator - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Configurator

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
6 hours ago, Frickin_idiot said:

Just noticed the configurator is live on the website!

That's certainly good news - as hey should have had it years ago.

Seems quite good quality - but I wish they'd give an indication of the prices of the options as you go along - rather than just a facility to E-mail the Dealer for a quote. I mean, without having an indication of the price I may well originally spec 'Carbon Fibre' everything, a Titanium Exhaust and Lithium-Ion Battery - but they're unlikely to all stay on once I find out how much they're costing.

However, having this is a vast improvement - so it certainly shows things are heading in the right direction. 👍

• Like 1

Haven't tried it on the iPad - but there's a number of options you can select, including 'Sports Packs', Carbon goodies, Exhausts, Batteries, Wheels, Interior Trim, Infotainment, (Air conditioning on the Elise), Hardtop/Soft-top options. It is easy to miss though. 

You'll see that where its says 'Exterior >' if you click on that other options come up 

They've just linked it on their social media so I'd imagine demand is pretty heavy right now. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

It works fine on my mac, a bit laggy but nothing not to be expected as they are probably going to scale servers  up in time for the upcoming supercar. Until then the configurator is going to be a work in progress , they have used the Volvo Cars configurator template to good effect, They have switched the app dashboard from right to left, and simplified it a bit, I'm glad they have put it up online in time for the  "confinement". I would call it a good procrastination tool.

20 hours ago, Bibs said:

They've just linked it on their social media so I'd imagine demand is pretty heavy right now. 

Working well today Bibs - as you say, must have been down to the initial surge of demand!😎

I'm going to write up a news article on it but didn't want to strain it even more so that's had to wait until today too! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

A step in the right direction, agree it needs the price to be shown as you add the options in!

Edited by PaulLF1

Thought I'd give Lotus' new configurator a try -

Spec.PNG

Not the best configurator in the world. Seemed to work far better on my phone than on my laptop.... Still, it managed to get the job done.

Edited by DAIR

Works fine on my Mac. I suspect that this is a bit of a stand in, and that they'll be some trickle down from what's learned from the Evija configurator.

Sudders and Dany

Nice pics of models frozen in 2017 but can anyone find any info on the cars at all? Looks like bare minimum 0-60, top speed, power and weight. No explanation or introduction to the models at all. There’s a list of numbers under the specification section but no copy, nothing to inform, excite or persuade. Given how misunderstood and unappreciated the cars remain this is bizarre at best.

There is some info on the Evija so hopefully there is more to come for the other models. We have to hope so!

• Sad 1

Interesting to see you can spec a standard battery for the GT410 Sport rather than the lightweight job. Given some of the issues people have had with the lightweight battery, I’d have specced the standard one on mine for sure.

I’m not bothered about saving a few lbs in total weight. If I was, I’d be going on a strict diet myself!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

No issue with my Lithium lightweight battery in two years. Works a treat for me and the freed up space in the battery compartment is great for keeping your freshly cooked "chicken" from the supermarket deli counter warm until you get home.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

It turns out all the issues I experienced whilst on holiday in France last year came about simply because I hadn't used the car for 3 consecutive days and the battery voltage drop, during that short time, caused several electrical glitches. I've never had that happen on any other car with the good old lead acid battery. At home the battery is connected to a conditioner all the time it's not being used, so that keeps it fully charged but come the time when I need a replacement, I will revert to the older type. I can't be doing with a battery that gives you problems just because the car isn't used for 3 days.

• Gold FFM

image.thumb.png.c5867c73e78f499f064e6a7bd1fb9578.png

If I was configuring to buy right now, this would be the one. But it does look very much like my current 410 Sport!  The Fire Red on this configurator is quite a good match to be honest.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Interesting. When I try to spec a carbon roof and the black pack (for the sills) it defaults to an either or option and not both. Is your fire red image including the carbon roof?

Pearl white for me though :wub:

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@tim_marra - where you specifying  as a GT410 or a GT410 sport? Mine was a GT410 sport.

• Gold FFM

Hmmm, thought I had clicked the carbon roof!

Have to admit the more I look at the latest cars specs, the more I am so glad I bought a 410 Sport as there is much more lovely carbon on it - only the GT430 matches it/beats it.