free hit
counters
Hants virtual meeting! - Page 14 - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hants virtual meeting!

pbharcourt

Hi all!

@ADF - glad your Elise started up, mines been out for a couple mini runs as well as being on trickle charge. Had the seats out today to fit some carpet under them, will do rear bulkhead carpet next.

Less can be said for the BMW which chirped away this morning - battery down to 4%! So that’s on the trickle charger now. It’s also being a little heavy on fuel, not sure it’s getting up to temp properly will keep an eye on it.

Started work on the track car for entering in to track day trophy.  Getting a roll cage fitted first, but not too much to do to it after that (suspension, seats, harnesses, cut off switches).

No signs of jab for me either, but not expecting anything soon.

take care everyone

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
On 14/03/2021 at 19:11, ADF said:

Might need some parking tips from Kenny, was it abbots ann?

It was Anna Valley, but she was banned from driving after shunting my car 10m up the road.  From what I've seen around there it shouldn't take long before someone with similar skills helps you out ;)

• Like 1

Hi Dean, 

Whats the race car? & why haven't we seen any pics (or did I just miss it)

Looks as though I have Indeed fixed the Leon, although only time will tell, so will probably avoid Anna valley for now.  I know loads of people in and around that area, mostly of the more aged persuasion, I can see how it could happen.😉

• Like 1

I thought beauty was in the eye of the beholder.

Yours looked great to me but it was dark and I didn't have my glasses on.🤪

Interesting theory, didn't see a dog amongst them but I am not convinced the muira should be lower than the elite.

• 3 weeks later...

Morning chaps, hope you all had a good Easter? With Pubs opening up again from next week, all be it outside only, does anyone fancy a meet up later this month? or are we holding off until May, when we are allowed back inside?

I have also just spoken with Club Lotus, and as it stands the Track Day at Castle Coombe is still set to go ahead, I think that a few of us were looking at going last year, before the Lurgy struck!! 

Warmest regards to all

Hi Simon,

I hope that all is well with you.

If the weather is looking favourable for an outdoor meet, then I'm up for it.  If it's anything like the past week, it's been hard to predict whether you'll need sunglasses or thermals!

That's good news about the Castle Combe track day, I asked about it when I renewed my membership, but I had put it to the back of my mind since.

That sounds encouraging Chaps. The Landlord at the Wonston Arms has done a lot of work on his garden, and Pete will like the beer there, so that might be a good place to start?? 

What do you think??

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I suspect parking will be at a premium as the floodgates open to pub goers once again. Happy to ask at the Wonston but maybe somewhere with a little more carparking as we ease back into it might be wiser? Monday/Tuesday works best for me.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

When we last visited, the Mayfly seemed to have their outdoor seating pretty well sorted and there's loads of parking there these days.  Mondays or Tuesdays work for me.

Hey Kenny, I was thinking the same thing about the Mayfly, they appeared to have extended their parking, so we should be good from that perspective. I guess the issue will be whether we can book a table just to have a drink?

Anyone aware of any other pubs that have extended their outdoor areas? 

• Gold FFM

I can't see anyone firming up on a date - other than suggesting which weekdays are out.

So, week tomorrow at the Mayfly?  That would be the 20th.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

6 PEOPLE ON 20 APRIL AT 19:30

Reference code: DMN-16738947700
Booking type: Outside Marquee

Only lets's you book up to 6 and this was a two hour slot, the longest they offer.

So, please add your names to the list as follows:

1. Dave

2. Kev

Only lets's you book up to 6 and this was a two hour slot, the longest they offer.

1. Dave

2. Kev

3. Kenny

4 minutes ago, KennyN said:

1. Dave

2. Kev

3. Kenny

4. Simon

2 hours ago, KennyN said:

1. Dave

2. Kev

3. Kenny

4. Simon

5. Paul