free hit
counters
Hants virtual meeting! - Page 13 - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hants virtual meeting!

OK, you should all have an invite now - let me know if you've not received it?

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I loved my +2 and would have another at the drop of a hat....... unfortunately I were got a bit carried away on the internet while the wife was having a nap....and bought this!

A real meeting!     Two Lotus, two beers and a quick blast! Who is up for a meet now then?

hey @peteyg   I do tend to go for a drive out your way sometimes. its bright orange (signature Exige orange) so doesn't blend in well :) 👋👁️‍🗨️    

Posted Images

Belated happy birthday chaps, 

Sorry I've been a bit lax on the forum front, and everything else to be honest.  Had a bit of a covid drama here (just turned out to be a reaction to the jab, good excuse for the old man to quarantine himself in his campervan though, I think it was just an excuse to use it even if it was just in the driveway) and a sick dog all absolutely fine now. 

Its snowing here, not enough to worry the jeep. No Lotus action here but good to see others working on theirs.

• Gold FFM

Hi Joe

Out of Covid times we usually have a monthly pub meet. We vary the venue on a whim each month. Any suggestion always encouraged as you will see from this thread and the others in the Hampshire section.

Sounds like you are planning a lot of use out of your car. Good man!

If you follow this thread you will see when we next get together. Probably on Teams again next.

Look forward to meeting you.

Kevin

• 4 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

'Tis quiet!

I have had my first jab - at Basingstoke Fire Station. Astra Zeneca. Had a bit of a reaction and felt like I had Covid again for 48 hours. Recovered now though.

Hope everyone is fine.

@DaveC72 how about another Teams meeting? Next Wednesday?

Anyone driven a Lotus recently?

I had the fizzer one, had a headache for 24 hours and then fine again.

Started the Elite up to keep it happy but not driven it for awhile, having too much fun playing with a Snatch! 😂

I'm way too young to be having a jab yet but waiting patiently and optimistically booking holidays for later on in the year. Been driving the Esprit loads to work and my weekly brewery trip, even gave it a wash a couple of weeks ago. First wash since about August last year! I have to shout at people about wine next Wednesday but will join you if I finish early enough.

@pbharcourthow leaky is your snatch? Curious if the younger models make less of a mess?

• Like 1

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

No calls for a jab yet, but we're now on twice per week testing and all is well.  Thankfully, work has been keeping me busy.  I have a week of back-to-back interviews next week, 1493 applicants that we've whittled down to 25 interviews for 5 or 6 jobs...I'd hate to be a graduate entering into the job market at the moment!

@pbharcourtI had a call during the week with a contact at Ricardo, they were responsible for a lot of the fiddling done to your Snatch..oooh err!

I would be really interested if Ricardo still have any sales literature or bits and bobs laying around.

Only a small leak where the coaxial cables from the antenna pass through the roof, thankfully it's over the passenger's seat 😅

I will ask the question the next time I speak to him.  He was amused to hear about yours being deployed on regular sorties to the supermarket and the collection of brass that you swept up :D

• Like 1

Hi Dudes, glad all is well (apart from your leaking snatch Paul, I think there's an ointment for it but it must be applied externally, with a caulking gun!!!)

I am feeling a lot Pfizier since my jab,  it'll be 3 weeks next Wednesday,already feeling invincible.  I had no side effects of note, just a sore arm for a bit. It was the biggest day out for ages, I never thought I'd get excited about a trip to the holiday Inn, Winchester.

I did a spot of work with Ricardo once up in Warwick I think, they were really twitchy about security (I think they were doing F1 gearboxes at the time) had loads of screens and chaperone to the loos, all I remember from the meeting now was it was a death by NDAs, to be fair I think we were worse than them.  Funnily enough that had something to do with Landrovers, if I say anymore I will have to kill you!!! 😉

Gave the garage a bit of spring clean, so drove the elise but only to the other side of the garage, amazed it started to be honest, but everything seemed to work. Actually thinking about it I have driven 2 Lotus. I'd like to spend a bit of time on the elise, hopefully the garage will warm up a bit soon its a bit f**ing cold in there.

Hopefully its not going to be too long before we can all meet up again in person and get out in the Lotus in some nice weather, but it does feel a bit like a distant dream at the moment.  In the meantime stay safe and as sane as one can manage, you know what they say "Be good, and if you can't be good, then don't get caught"

• Haha 1

@ADF I can confirm that NDA's and Safe Harbour statements are still high on the agenda, which is kinda understandable, I suppose.  They're a nice bunch though.

Afternoon Chaps, glad to hear all appears well in Lotus Land! All good at this end, had my Lotus serviced by Hendy Performance Eastleigh last week, all appeared to be fine!!  They have a Lotus only coffee morning at the end of May, a Sunday I think, so that might be fun to attend as a group?? Also signed up with LDC for their Veterans Day on the 28th of June. Lastly, I have signed on with Bell and Colvill for their trackday in September it’s the 23rd I think 🤔. Regards to all. 

Ahoy.  Welcome Joe.

I'll set up a teams meeting for Wednesday for those that can make it.  If you haven't done yet, please PM me your email address so I can add you to the invite.

10 hours ago, KennyN said:

@ADF I can confirm that NDA's and Safe Harbour statements are still high on the agenda, which is kinda understandable, I suppose.  They're a nice bunch though.

Hadn't heard of SHS, had to look that one up but I fully agree they were a nice bunch of really knowledgeable engineers.  Mind you most boffin types I meet usually are nice, even the Americans.

Sounds like I am not the only one keen to get out, but I am not as proactive.  It would be great to get out to a few car meets this year but I've no idea what will be.  Man plans, God decides!

Been out in the cold fiddling with a suddenly temperamental Leon.  Hard to fix a car with nothing actually wrong, computer hasn't liked something I think and cuts power or boost can be reset by switching off & on.  It may be alright now after fiddling, as I have been out thrashing it and can't get it to play up again, just have to see.  Might need some parking tips from Kenny, was it abbots ann?

Take care all.