free hit
counters
S1 Digital/Virtual Dash - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

S1 Digital/Virtual Dash

Peeps,

So, I'm wondering about this dash. And, I know some other people who are wondering too (I know, but it's true).

Now, the company, oddly, don't seem to be on comms just at the mo (and clearly didn't want to advertise on the tellie), although this could be for all sorts of reasons. But that aside, and just out of general interest, are there any here that are also wondering how to make this a reality in their cars? i.e. what's the level of genuine hand-in-pocket interest?

Accepting of course, that the beardy brigade will be coughing into their half pints at the thought of it, natch.

Brillopads

PS. These are coming, they're out of the lamp now, so whether it's Alec, or someone else, I think these will be appearing in a classic near you, pretty soon.

Screenshot 2020-04-05 at 12.31.00.png

Sudders and Dany

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Update. The company that made the digital dash for the tellie programme, is planning to distribute through SJ Sportscars, assuming demand. So, were anyone interested, they should let Steve k

For information, in case you're not aware: The digital dash in the style of the S1 (shown on Car SOS) is now available via SJ Sportcars, who are acting as distributers, I believe. Supercool.

Because it doesn't have a 'sub mode button' hahaha

Posted Images

The dash in Car SOS was created using a package called Qt programmed in C++. The graphics are usually done via Adobe Photoshop. There is a steep learning curve for Qt as you need to know how to program to start with ideally. Then on top of that you need the hardware to run the Qt app on running some kind of operating system (probably a variant of Linux).  So there's another learning curve there.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

Ah, now, see, I'm not talking of making it myself or anything. I'm talking about the level of interest in the item as shown on the tellie. We don't yet know what the company that made it it intends to do, but I for one, would be keen to express my interest, and so I'm wondering if there are any others here who are like minded. I've no ability to make it happen, I'm just wondering.

Totally not suggesting some sort of DIY thing. The guy that made this one is clearly all over it, so why try and copy something that's already in the world?

Sudders and Dany

15 hours ago, Suddabym said:

The guy that made this one is clearly all over it, so why try and copy something that's already in the world?

• Like 2

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire

On 06/04/2020 at 10:52, Paul Coleman said:

The obvious feature. It missed a trick there I think.

IMG_1204.PNG.7a9055773ee958fff6b2bb36f910ee62.png

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Wouldn't it be great if this was considered for later Esprits and also coupled in the ALDL error code diagnostic from @eriks4's Espritmon software? Instead of a single CEL, the display could integrate the actual error code into the dashboard display. Also, seeing an updating rea ltime estimate of the power and torque curves that Espritmon calculates, on the dashboard, would be all kinds of cool!

I would love this. Having a computer or NUC with enough graphical oomph to power three displays would be ideal for the dash of an SE or similar dash. If the panels were thin enough they could even be placed on top of the existing dials so they wouldn't need to be removed.

Or how about a nice 13" display panel in the centre console ala Tesla. Diagnostics, music media, cameras (dash and reverse), GPS etc. 

This is an idea in the works for me but not until next year.

Signature not working...

• 1 month later...