free hit
counters
S4s tire recommendations - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Hi All, 

What would be the Forum's recommendations for tires for an S4s? The sizes are: front 215/40-17, and rear 245/45-17. 

I've done some initial research and found that the Continental ContiSportContact 2's that I had 2 sets of consecutively on the car are no longer available. Namely, these sizes have become harder to find. TireRack has only 2 kinds in these sizes, one of which is Falken Azenis RT615K+; did any Esprit owners have experience with them? Any other recommendations? 

Thanks very much in advance. 

Anton. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, I already checked it out. Most of that discussion pertains to the European sizes: front 235/40-17 front and rear 285/35-18 though. I'd like to stick with the original US sizes. 

The Azenis 615 are a "track day Autocross tire" kind of.  Very sticky and not really designed for cold weather.  Similar to a Toyo RA1 or Nitto NT01.  I have not tried the Azenis but I have run the others on the street.  Fine for me but it depends on use.  I generally only drive in nice weather and do some track days.  If they wear out in a year i am OK with it.  Some of these compounds also heat cycle out and get pretty hard unless they get really warm.  Its a compromise.

• 4 months later...