free hit
counters
Bugatti Chiron Coronavirus Boredom Help - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Bugatti Chiron Coronavirus Boredom Help

Dan E

• Gold FFM

So all on Sparkles recommendation I bought the Lego Bugatti Chiron, haven’t done Lego for years I have been doing it off and on for about a week it is a serious bit of kit, I am currently not even finished the 2nd box of 5 boxes. It has a working V16, 8 speed gearbox and full four wheel drive. I haven’t even finished the first 357 Page manual. you need to concentrate as I found when I thought I had completed the engine top end and had one thing in the wrong place so had to carry out a bit of reverse engineering, I managed it and all without calling @CHANGES 😂😂.

so how is this for a plan, once finished and I have looked at it for a while I am going to Strip down and post up to Sparkles (this will now be even more complicated as I won’t remember how to break it down into the original bags of bits). So this got me thinking why not then get aforementioned Sparkles to send on to the next person, etc, etc with each person covering the postage onwards. 

eventually I would like it back but let’s see how far it can go, I only ask please try not to lose any bits and let’s say max of a two weekish build and honestly this is not your average Lego you had back in the day it is really an amazing bit of kit 

so the list 

1. @Sparky

• Like 2

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Oh yes.  Consider this the nursery slope; you're doing your Dry Sump cambelt next.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Best of all with Lego is there’s no electrics to cock up!

To be honest our complaints dept has never been so quiet! 

• Gold FFM

When you grow up I might let you do this one:

IMAG2170.jpg

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

No we use one based in the Amazon Rain Forest, we were the first to discover them, they are brilliant at making canoes which I thought was important! 

I am thinking in these times of trouble setting up a Lego charity as the reaction to this thread has been overwhelming 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

So you don't wear pants when you are begging? :getmecoat:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• 2 weeks later...

This looks like no Lego set I've built before... if this idea does take off @Dan E I'd love to be on this list, that's a very generous idea.

I'm case it helps anyone, Parcel Force are a useful courier during lockdown for things like this if you don't have a printer at home. Like most couriers they'll collect from your door, saving you a virus-spreading trip out, but unlike the others, they'll bring their own labels. And I'm three for three on parcels I've sent out the last few weeks, unlike TNT who returned the one I did with them.

Either way, I look forward to more progress pics, this looks epic!

• Gold FFM

Jay no it didn’t take off but you’re more than welcome to it, I sent it via UPS to @Sparky on Wed for £7.95 they picked it up from my doorstep and delivered to him by 11am Thursday. Don’t confuse this with Lego of old it’s pretty complicated and enjoyable. 

PM Sparkles with your address I am sure once he has done it he will be happy to send on, warning the strip down is as taxing as the construction as you need to get all the right parts in the right bags. All I ask is for it back at some point and the offer is there to anyone who fancies it. I found it really relaxing took about two and half weeks doing a bit every day 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

My son (22 so not a child - well sorry, that's wrong, he is still a child just like his dad!) just splashed £200 on this baby. I don't think he slept for 24 hours until it was built. It's pretty impressive at over 60cms in length and over 3,300 pieces:

image.jpeg.9b960b50582c2705885325899a099fe0.jpeg1989 Batmobile™ 76139 | DC Super Heroes | Offisielle LEGO® Shop NO

He's not noticed yet but I've nicked the steering wheel out of it and disconnected the steering rod from the wheels. That'll teach him for having OCD tendencies!   And as he's 22 he can't even phone Esther's chat line to complain about it!        hahahahahaha......... :)

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
On 07/04/2020 at 18:46, Sparky said:

When you grow up I might let you do this one:

IMAG2170.jpg

You missed off the transponder thingy on the front left there...

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

I’ve some of the Lego sets, but moved onto the Chinese ones. The Caterham arrived today and been thinking about the Morgan. They are 90%+ quality wise and 30-50% of the price of equivalent Lego sets. A bit more of a challenge too as there is generally the odd mistake in the plans. 

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

• Gold FFM

Hehe, actually the Chiron is in quarantine.  Nothing to do with COVID-19; I know that @Dan E had his paws on it last, and I don't know where he's been.

• Haha 1

On 17/04/2020 at 11:05, Dan E said:

PM Sparkles with your address I am sure once he has done it he will be happy to send on, warning the strip down is as taxing as the construction as you need to get all the right parts in the right bags. All I ask is for it back at some point and the offer is there to anyone who fancies it. I found it really relaxing took about two and half weeks doing a bit every day 

What a result, I love the details like the proper little dash in there!

Thank you - I'll PM him shortly.  And of course, I'll courier it forwards, or even deliver it myself in the Esprit if the next address is vaguely nearby and the world's a safer place in time!