free hit
counters
Nmeg October Meet & Shine-up - Page 3 - Topics - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Nmeg October Meet & Shine-up

Bibs

I don't understand? Why is it that some NMEG owners know and others don't?

I was simply trying to find somewhere to eat to avoid disappointment but if you choosenot to pm people then you'll have to sort soemthing out yourselves.

I wouldn't recommend eating anywhere in Liverpool and leaving your car in the carpark. You need to either go back to the Wirral or go further north to Maghull, Formby or Southport.

Edited by superdavelotus

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave, please take no offence, i haven't a clue where this place is, and i am a founder member of nmeg, then again, i didn't know the result of the recent contest either :thumbup:

Graham, TELL HIM!!!!! :rant:

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

The only people who know the address are Bibs, Graham and myself, Graham only knows because he is co ordinating the event because I will be away. The secrecy is at the request of the detailng company who invited us along.

hope you have great day

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Howard,

Yes I agree with your comments but with only a handful of Esprit owners going, why not pm each one? At the end of the day, we will all know anyway, so what the difference between knowing now and in a week's time?

Unless you plan on taking us all blind folded?

Dave Walters

, why not pm each one?

because I am not co ordinating this meet,

maybe Graham will oblige, you said in an earlier post you knew where it was anyway

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

Si,

Its Sunday the 21st October.

The venue is Liverpool.

In accordance with the owners request, precise details of its whereabouts will only be pm'd to everyone who is attending probably the day before.

The secrecy has got nothing to do with NMEG. I only know because Howard can't make it.

Bibs has given his word to the owner that the location will NOT be revealed until the last moment.

Dave can you find us somewhere decent to eat on the Wirral?

Cheers,

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Si,

Its Sunday the 21st October.

The venue is Liverpool.

In accordance with the owners request, precise details of its whereabouts will only be pm'd to everyone who is attending probably the day before.

The secrecy has got nothing to do with NMEG. I only know because Howard can't make it.

Bibs has given his word to the owner that the location will NOT be revealed until the last moment.

Dave can you find us somewhere decent to eat on the Wirral?

Cheers,

Graham.

Club Lotus meets here sometimes - I

That's the place I was going to suggest. It's about 30 miles from Bootle (dpending where exactly in Liverpool it is). Anyway as you'll be coming back from the venue, it's 15 mins from tunnel give or take 5 mins. Through Wallasey tunnel straight onto M53, come off at Junction 5, follow signs for N.Wales. Through first set of lights, next set which is about 50 yards, keep right. Follwo this for about 2-3 miles to a set of lights with a Honda garage called Two Mills Honda, turn right and the Tudor Rose is next to the Honda garage. Post code is CH66 9DP

Club Lotus meet there last Sunday in every month, shame it wasn't the same Sunday...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=...p;z=17&om=1

Edited by superdavelotus

If its good enough for Dave Walters and Club Lotus and encourages Snuffy to re-join the Esprit clan, then that has got to be the place.

Having had a quick look at the map, it seems to be in the Neston area. We'll all follow you Dave.

Thanks Nick and Dave for the suggestion

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I only suggested this place because CL go there. I've only been there once and haven't eaten there so can't vouch for what the food is like. It can't be that bad although they did change venue recently to Wrexham ;) but had to go back to the Tudor Rose because they were blocking the car parking spaces at Wrexham. There's plenty of parking at Tudor Rose.

The area is know as Two Mills although technically it's near Neston.

As no one can confirm times etc until last minute, I can't confirm if I can attend or not. I need to give the missus plenty of notice to any event or gathering I go to and what time Iam likely to get back. Iam not blessed with a free pass every weekend or can do what I please.

So unfortunately, even though it's on my door step and it would be a shame to miss it, it's looking unlikely I'd be allowed out for the whole day. Instead, it will be decorating or some other job my wife will have lined up for me!

Regards,

Dave Walters

If its good enough for Dave Walters and Club Lotus and encourages Snuffy to re-join the Esprit clan, then that has got to be the place.

Having had a quick look at the map, it seems to be in the Neston area. We'll all follow you Dave.

Thanks Nick and Dave for the suggestion

Graham.

So unfortunately, even though it's on my door step and it would be a shame to miss it, it's looking unlikely I'd be allowed out for the whole day. Instead, it will be decorating or some other job my wife will have lined up for me!

Regards,

Dave Walters

Dave,

What

Nick.........give me time to think about that.

Dave like you, I too have to get my book stamped before I'm allowed out.

Bibs thinks it'll probably be an all day job but I'm not convinced.

I would hope we can for 10.00am and maybe be finished for lunch. The level of concentration enjoyed by some of the NMEG guys means they'll be throwing tins of polish around if it goes on much longer :laughing:

Graham.

I've just spoken to Matt and he said that if we arrive at 11am he'll have a buffet/sandwiches for us and we'll be there until 3/4ish. He will be going over proper cleaning techniques to get the best shine out of your car and has a porker which will give you an idea of what can be done with good skills and products.

Sounds like it's going to be a fun day :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I only suggested this place because CL go there. I've only been there once and haven't eaten there so can't vouch for what the food is like. It can't be that bad although they did change venue recently to Wrexham :innocent: but had to go back to the Tudor Rose because they were blocking the car parking spaces at Wrexham. There's plenty of parking at Tudor Rose.

The area is know as Two Mills although technically it's near Neston.

As no one can confirm times etc until last minute, I can't confirm if I can attend or not. I need to give the missus plenty of notice to any event or gathering I go to and what time Iam likely to get back. Iam not blessed with a free pass every weekend or can do what I please.

Regards,

Dave Walters

Dave,

You're going to have to get a grip man!!!!!!!!! :P Just tell 'er your going........dont ASK her. Tell her if she wants some decorating done to save up and get a pro in....... :P

Dave; even though I dont know you, I do hope you can make it!!!!!! :yes

Guys,

I reckon it's about 60 miles from Market Drayton. Some A road, some Motorway and some Liverpool city centre. If we average 40mph we'll need to leave Market Drayton at 9.30

That ok with everyone?

Cheers,

Graham.

Hi Graham,

whats your route past middlewich? I currently dont have a ride and it seems daft to head south to just come sailing back past my house. Or if the sun blazes, I may go on two wheels. Just need a kind offer of a navigators seat for the day :innocent:

Alex

OK guys El Presidente is pulling rank and wants a lift.

I therefore propose we change our route and just use the M6.

We could meet at the hotel car park at jct 15 as usual. We can then pick Alex up at jct 18 and pick up a more northerly fight path into Liverpool (John Lennon).

This is a couple of miles further but because its all motorway I reckon we could do it in an hour.

So depart jct 15 hotel at 9.45am prompt.

How's that with everyone?

Is Bibs still stopping with you Alex?

Graham.

Edited by Backmarker

Dave,

Thanks for the tip.

Are you going straight there or meeting us somewhere en route?

Cheers,

Graham.

Guys,

My mother has decided to have her 82nd birthday on Sunday.......... :cheers:

Bloody thoughtless of her. I'm told I've got to take her to the restaurant for 1pm which means being home by 11.30 at the latest. :(

Clearly the timings don't fit in with our planned run to Liverpool so regrettably I need to bale out.

Whilst Bibs is this years "Guest Organiser" could one of you NMEG guys please take over the reins and help the "cuddly-chappy" out. :whistle:

Apologies guys, enjoy your day and don't forget to post loads of pics. :)

Graham.

ps Bibs I'm still quite happy to PM all those who have said they are attending, the address and post code of the secret location, if you want me too. :)

Please mate, that would be most appreciated :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

ps Bibs I'm still quite happy to PM all those who have said they are attending, the address and post code of the secret location.

Is it a large dormant volcano with a bald chap that stokes his pussy and wants to take over the world ?

Right then, said Fred.