free hit
counters
Locking mechanism defect - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

So I've seen a few issues around a door locking mechanism fault. 

Mine is persistent, upon locking the doors 50% of the time it does not lock, you hear the click in the control unit but it won't lock. Press lock again and the beep goes telling that the inside alarm is deactivated, as how it should be.. Opening is never an issue. 

Locking from the inside with the switch gives the same result, although no deactivation of the inside alarm of course. Many times tried all doors and sensors but that doesn't seem to be the issue. 

I think the control box is defect. 

Is this easy to replace? Any part numbers known? How to and what would be the cost? 

Any suggestions are welcome. It's annoying and I want to fix it :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CDL: seems to be solved  Today @lotusvanderkooi they installed a replacement CDL, easy reachable from behind the left front panel in the dash. Tried it many times today and each time flawless so

Have you checked the plunger on the bonnet catch? This often messes about depending on temperature I've found. Almost needs a bit of tape or something to make sure it plunges deep enough.

Yes, also the doors seem willing to lock. Usually when something isn't closed right the alarm begins to beep which is never the case.. 

I don't know what else than the control unit. Not sure where the CDL sits and what partnumber to replace... 

Pretty sure the switch pack is under the dash, it is on the Elise, and they do fail.

Below is From the manual...basically take top of the dash off 😞😞 you can download all the manuals from here, good value really

http://vsic.lotuscars.com/

MV.2 - CENTRAL DOOR LOCKING
  CDL module
    The CDL (Central Door Locking) module is mounted on the top of the scuttle beam at the extreme end on the RH side, accessible after removal of the fascia top trimmed panel and face level vent trunking. Refer to servide notes section VE.8 for futher information.
A battery feed for the CDL system is provided from the main fusebox, fuse number 34 (7.5A).

Thanks, I'll just ask my dealer to install. I asked deroure for the part cost and availability, I don't know which part this is exactly. I have a feeling that this is the cause of the malfunction. 

CDL: seems to be solved 

Today @lotusvanderkooi they installed a replacement CDL, easy reachable from behind the left front panel in the dash. Tried it many times today and each time flawless so the defect indeed seems to be the CDL. Easy and quick fix, happy now not feeling stupid trying for minutes to lock the doors 😁🤣😂🔒

• Like 1