free hit
counters
Chargecooler pump removal - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Chargecooler pump removal

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

For the faint of heart, just unbolting the trunk floor and tying it up to the hatch gets it out of the way.

We removed the square plenum to allow extra reach, and to assist in viewing what we were up against.

Can't wait for the next installment.🤗

P1140001.JPG

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

I'ts going to be tricky looking downwards through that top hole if you needed to 🤔

I just fitted the blanking plug and HT lead bracket.

Be careful not to push it in too hard when inserting the blanking plug.. I oiled the O ring first but it was still a bit tight.
I almost pushed it too hard and it disappeared right into the hole, but there was just enough lip to lever it back out a touch through the top hole.

Just two quick points

1) I have quite small hands so I found it easier to install the blank and HT bracket with my arm down the gap and looking down the top hole (photo 1)

2) The bracket from S J Sportscars (A910E2425F) is the same shape as the one from WC Engineering that is no longer available.
     You can drill out the pop rivet and pop rivet the plastic part of the HT lead holder onto the new blanking plug retaining bracket 😀

20200416_112111.thumb.jpg.84ea2eba847b22701cf07178e05a9de5.jpg

• Like 1

1994 Lotus Esprit S4  &  2016 Tesla Model S P90D