free hit
counters
Lotus Exige LF1 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Exige LF1

Pete1007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes I own No 56. A beautiful stunning car. Prices have been around 47-52k.

Lad who owned the one for sale is a member on here, he may pop by.

Edited by PaulLF1

Other than a limited number of LF1 cars being made, why such a premium? What other extras did it come with?

350 sports seem much better value for money at the moment. I get that this is a limited edition, but I am wondering why they command such a premium?

the Silverstone car looks stunning. I hope it’s been prepped well for sale, as that’s not always the case.

If you’re looking for a limited edition Exige with even lower numbers than the LF1, how about this unless the F1 connection is paramount? 

I get the feeling this will be a better investment than an LF1 - just my own opinion of course.

The LF1’s are lovely though😉

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/spring-sale--lotus-exige-v6-cup-360-limited-edition--ohlins--air-conditioning--stereo--very-low-mileage--stunning/9906142

• Like 2

@stephenwhyte I agree, cups are always a more exclusive pedigree that have tangible upgrades against the standard car. I absolutely see why these would carry a premium.
Other than limited numbers I don’t see the reason why people with LF1’s expect such a premium. Maybe I am missing something on the upgrades, but I don’t think other than a specific paint scheme, limited numbers tied to GP victories and some marketing material there is any difference to the V6’s? Happy to be proved wrong on the point though. 

Each to their own, but if it was my money and I wanted a limited edition Exige, it would be the cup cars every time  

I did not wanted to be rude but I think exactly the same, although the LF1 is a V6s with a nice color scheme ( also it does not celebrate a particularly successful era of Lotus), it is not worth more .. this is reflected in the used market, that LF1 for sale at silverstone, will dramatically drop in price before being sold .. and definitely, it is not worth more than any 350. I would buy a 350 and just paint things to make it like an LF1 if you really like than color scheme. 

5 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

If you’re looking for a limited edition Exige with even lower numbers than the LF1, how about this unless the F1 connection is paramount? 

I get the feeling this will be a better investment than an LF1 - just my own opinion of course.

The LF1’s are lovely though😉

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/exige-s3/spring-sale--lotus-exige-v6-cup-360-limited-edition--ohlins--air-conditioning--stereo--very-low-mileage--stunning/9906142

I fully concur the 360 Cup is a real head turner and assuming you could get it at or around £45,000 a great base for upgrades or mods

1 hour ago, Tex said:

I fully concur the 360 Cup is a real head turner and assuming you could get it at or around £45,000 a great base for upgrades or mods

No chance no, 45k would be a normal cup from a private seller, like the blue and yellow one lately, and even at that price they were advertised just for a couple of days ...

1 hour ago, chumaxa said:

No chance no, 45k would be a normal cup from a private seller, like the blue and yellow one lately, and even at that price they were advertised just for a couple of days ...

Well advertised at £48,999, so a quick sale at or around £45,000 is quite possible!!

36 minutes ago, chumaxa said:

Look at who is selling it, good luck to negotiate this one !! 😂

And he’s already reduced it a few grand! I don’t see it expensive at the current asking price.....👍

4 hours ago, Tex said:

Why would Will reduce it by another 4000? I doubt he has that much in it now

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
On 23/02/2020 at 14:28, Pete1007 said:

Hi Paul 

yes that’s the one I’m interested in.Do you own one? What’s your feedback? Have you seen values changing?

pete 

Hi Pete, I was the previous owner of the LF1 Currently at Silverstone and very sorry to let it go, unfortunately my wife for medical reasons wasn’t able to get in or out of the exige with ease thus the reason for the sale & a significant reason for the low mileage. I have replaced it with at Evora GT430 which is fabulous & much more suitable for her allowing us to do some of the Lotus tours together in the future. 
I loved the LF1 it attracted a lot of positive attention, the enthusiast and the general man in the street can both really relate to the F1 colour scheme, the car does look good.
I very much enjoyed meeting other LF1 owners during my time with the car, it does make you feel part of an exclusive club. 
I think Lotus did a great job with the packaging making ownership feel much more special than the standard vehicle.
You may wish to check if the car still includes the desirable private plate that I had on it which adds further to the package. If you do end up owning the car let me know as I have another bit of memorabilia associated with the Grand Prix win this car represents .

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 25/02/2020 at 18:31, chumaxa said:

The guy with the blue changed his mind and he retracted the advert and the guy with the yellow sold it to me:)

I emailed both within the first 30 minutes the adverts went live (yes, you can probably tell that I was looking for a CUP:)) and the seller of the latter told me - when I eventually went to view the car - that he had more than 50 emails in a week!

Not sure why that 360 doesn't go though - it certainly looks the business - but I think that it might have to do with the price. There is another low mileage V6 CUP flirting with £50k and it's been sitting there for ages. Price or colour related you name it, but it seems that there is a threshold of how much premium these cars command.

Going back to LF1s, £52k of today's money is super optimistic IMO - and the fact that these cars haven't sold kind of confirms it. 

• Gold FFM
On 07/04/2020 at 22:35, Terry G said:

Hi Mike I have just part exchanged my Holden for your LF1.

I have owned it from new 2008 and love the exclusivtivety of the car.

I have been looking for a couple of years as to what to buy, I do like the unusual.

As I am a avide formula one fan the Lotus LF1 just ticks all the right box’s.

The Holden was used as a deposit and the rest of the money is coming from a house sale.

This bloody coved-19 has put the house sale on hold so I am without a car at the moment.

I have brought it with the F1 EXG that was a absolutely a must.

I would be very interested in the memorabilia you have.

Terry.

Hi Terry, Congratulations I am sure you are going to be delighted with the LF1, I was disappointed to have to let it go but please give me first refusal when the time comes along for you to sell it.  

Have you picked up the car yet?

I need to hunt it out but have another magazine with the race report associated with the 39th Lotus Grand Prix victory for Jochen Rindt which you can have.  I also have a black & gold Exige LF1 cover which I would like to sell if of interest?

Mike