free hit
counters
Lotus Exige LF1 - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus Exige LF1

Pete1007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
21 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Really? What a dumb comment to someone who has just bought a car they're clearly very happy with.

Read the forums rules, be nice or don't post - if you wish to ignore that I can help out with the 2nd part. 

Well said

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
15 hours ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

Someone has paid potentially over 50k for a Exige S with red paint and a plaque? Wow! 

It was a genuine limited edition at the time and celebrated the history of Lotus in F1, so for many people, it would be worth a premium as as well as the car, they are joining a small exclusive "club" of owners who I believe to do interact quite a bit.  Who knows it might turn out to be as iconic as the Essex Esprits in 20 yesrs time?

There a lot of things that people are prepared to pay over £50k for today, many of them I truly think people are mad for buying (for instance it would, with a discount, buy you two Wilson Yvette Loudspeakers for your home; or a 50% share in an IWC Portuguese Tourbillon watch, or a new kitchen from Christies or similar, or many VW/Audi run of the mill cars you can have with a different badge for 20-30% cheaper).

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

On 07/04/2020 at 22:35, Terry G said:

Hi Mike I have just part exchanged my Holden for your LF1.

As I am a avide formula one fan the Lotus LF1 just ticks all the right box’s.

Terry.

Congrats! Great car , the build quality on mine was top notch 👍

10291275.jpg

10291271.jpg

• Like 2

Stunning car.

I had my LF1 out on the driveway yesterday, looked beautiful in the sun.

Enjoy the car.

I have to say I agree with the last post. Lovely rear end and o be honest the glass rear window looks amazing still. I actually think I prefer this to the carbon, makes the car look classy (provided the SC is black and engine covers fitted. 👍👍👍

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

I have to say I agree with the last post. Lovely rear end and o be honest the glass rear window looks amazing still. I actually think I prefer this to the carbon, makes the car look classy (provided the SC is black and engine covers fitted. 👍👍👍

The LF1 plaque is probably the best for open viewing compared to the rest.. 

I was stopped at some traffic lights once and a guy came up, put both his hands on the glass just to take a look inside (while I was in the car engine running etc) 😂😂 🤦🏻‍♂️

Lovely shots!

Whilst I appreciate that the plastic/CF boot is functional (keeping temps down) and purposeful (low weight) I do also agree with the above posts. The glass boot is class and if the engine bay is tidy then it's something to show off;) Enhanced rear visibility is also a bonus:) 

Hi Mike thank you, I think when it comes time to sell I will be in my box.

I don’t have the car yet😪, I would like the magazine if that is possible.

I have just brought a car cover but it would be nice to have the right one.

do you have a photo of the cover, I can always sell the one I have.

I would just like to thank the guys on here for their support, I think the

LF1 is worth every penny that I have paid for it.

I am on my way to Scotland today so I called in to Silverstone just to have

a look at the car, of course their is nobody their but I could see the car 🤩.

Terry.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...

I jus saw  2 LF1’s sitting outside  Lotus Silverstone’s shed looking shiny and impressive.

looked like they have reopened  for business 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Welcome to TLF @kevan ticehurst :welcome:

You should duck over to the Introduction area and say hi in there as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.