free hit
counters
S2 Wiper blade refills? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Does anyone have a source for the wiper blade rubber? Below is a pic of the one i removed from my original (I think) blade. I have a new SJ wiper fitted but its not very attractive versus the original so would like to get that refitted. I'm struggling to find the correct profile. the rubber is 1/4 inch wide and 1/2 inch top to bottom. 24 inches long.

49792487582_f6e50d550f_c.jpg

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy ending. I have found a refill that fits and works without needing any modification other than trimming to length. I've stocked up with a couple for the future. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/11

On my S1, I bought a Trico refill blade (in the US). If memory serves, it was 26” long. I might have the package in the garage if you want details.    JTM

Don't know if this helps Pete but I picked this up from eBay a few years ago.  

Posted Images

@AndyPG

Thanks Andy. Hard to tell from the pics but I don't think that has the right profile. The important bit is the little triangular piece which needs to fit through a similar shaped metal section on the wiper.

Pete

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009

On my S1, I bought a Trico refill blade (in the US). If memory serves, it was 26” long. I might have the package in the garage if you want details. 

JTM

• Like 1

Jim McLeskey Richmond, VA USA

Pete,

I did not find the package, but I found the receipt.  It says Trico 45-240.  This is the rubber refill.  I bought it at Advance Auto Parts in the US.  Their website says it is 8 mm wide.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/trico-wiper-blade-refill-24-1-count-45-240/5070538-P

A Google search showed it appearing several places (including Amazon).  Sometimes they say "Narrow" but they all seem to be the same 8 mm wide.

It has been about 3 years since I did it, but it took a little bit of effort to install it.  But I made it work.

On my car, the wiper blade holder (the metal part that holds the rubber blade) actually has a small "Trico - patented" on the side.

I hope this helps.

Jim

PS - I actually bought both 45-240 and 45-260, but I measured the length of the blade on the car and it is 24"

Jim McLeskey Richmond, VA USA

• 2 months later...

Happy ending. I have found a refill that fits and works without needing any modification other than trimming to length. I've stocked up with a couple for the future.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113727689091

None of the Trico one's I could source fitted. 

Pete

• Like 2

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009