free hit
counters
Boot lid stuck - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

So my boot lid is stuck, I can hear the solenoid activating but the boot refuses to open, have tried getting my partner to press the button on the dash while I pushed and pulled the lid but it ain’t having it. I’ve tried the release cable underneath the back seat but that didn’t release it either.

The car has been on trickle charge since lockdown, but the charger is in the boot !! so before too long I’ll have a flat battery as well !!!

I’ve searched the forum and someone mentioned there’s an emergency solution posted on lotus talk, I’ve had a look on there but couldn’t find the correct information.

Could a helpfull member please PM me the solution or a link to the info.on lotus talk.

Cheers,

Phill

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some threads to read (also use the links contained in it):

Here's info on faulty boot latches and possible failure reason:

There is also a boot "fail safe" that will help you get into the boot if your battery dies, or your interior cable doesn't work. However, this fail safe must be put into place BEFORE you have an issue. It will also NOT ALWAYS work - mostly if you have a faulty latch assembly that has loosened where the striker isn't striking.

The fail safe is not posted publicly because it will enable someone to get into your boot. However, I will PM you the fail safe now....

Thanks very much I shall have a read of the info. However a quick look at those threads seems to suggest the procedure will require two people, I’m not sure the girlfriend would feel at ease helping me out on my beloved lotus !!! And I’m not sure I’d want to work on the car trying to fix this issue while it’s on axle stands either.

With the COVID 19 situation I won’t be able to call for help from my local friendly mechanic, with everything that’s going on at the moment I realise it’s very much a first world problem.

Maybe in order to prevent the battery from going flat maybe I’ll take the car for a little run occasionally as apparently (in the UK) we can drive a short distance to go for a walk in the country.

Cheers,

Phill

• Gold FFM

Don’t know if it will be the same for you but a couple of months ago when it was cold my boot wouldn’t open I could hear mechanism operating but the boot wouldn’t budge ? wonder if it cold spell?

my son pulled the cable in the rear seats and he said it was a tiny pull on the cable but it worked. Then that seem to work but a couple of weeks later the boot was inoperative again this time my accelerator wouldn’t response AA man then cleaned the connector but had to pull the cable to get access to engine bay 

since then my boot operated normally ? I have no idea will boot get stuck again ? Who knows ! Wonderful world of Lotus ownership