free hit
counters
Bored - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Only boring people get bored" said every parent ever. 👍

So to keep myself busy each weekend, I have done the following: Given the spa a birthday as Liz needs to get in water to relax her muscles since her second hip op. Pulled one of my synthesis

I bought my kids one of these each a couple of years ago (not the gold leaf version though). Unfortunately, my son didn't really understand this, so we now have to travel to: Portugal - b

Posted Images

So to keep myself busy each weekend, I have done the following:

Given the spa a birthday as Liz needs to get in water to relax her muscles since her second hip op.

Pulled one of my synthesisers apart to replace some fuses.

Cleaned the cover on the ceiling fan in our ensuite and the second bathroom in the house. If anyone else does this, it is not enough to just vacuum the dust off the cover. I removed the four heating bulbs and the normal light bulb and then removed the cover. The amount of dust in the fitting and the unseen faces of the bulbs were all covered in dust as well. So if you do this task, make sure to remove the bulbs and the cover, vacuum the dust out of the fitting, clean all the bulbs with a wet cloth, vacuum the inside face of the cover and then put everything back. I am not sure how easily dust could ignite, but I am not willing to take the chance. I'll be doing these yearly. Like changing the house fire alarm batteries on the 1st April.

Cleaned the oven shelves and the side metalwork.

So what has everybody else been doing? Not car related though.

• Like 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

8 hours ago, ramjet said:

So what has everybody else been doing? Not car related though.

Changed out a 25 yo fluorescent light fixture in the garage without electrocuting myself. One to go. It's like daylight in there now. Amazing what those tiny things put out.

Fixed an annoyingly leaking toilet with a repair that took taking it fully apart, tank and all. Who needs plumbers?

Changed all the HVAC filters, fixed a cabinet falling apart. Not bad for a surgeon, wish I could apply this initiative to all my car projects before actually "working" again! Doesn't count all the online shopping, though. We counseled our kids about gaining the "freshmen 15" when they went off to college. I'm now more worried about me and my "quarantine 15." :D

• Like 1

What is a freshmen 15?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Aha. Now I know what you mean. 

• Like 1

Ba,boom Tish!!!!!

17 hours ago, yeller77 said:

Changed out a 25 yo fluorescent light fixture in the garage without electrocuting myself. .........

On 27/04/2020 at 11:02, ramjet said:

...Cleaned the cover on the ceiling fan in our ensuite and the second bathroom in the house. If anyone else does this, it is not enough to just vacuum the dust off the cover. I removed the four heating bulbs and the normal light bulb and then removed the cover. The amount of dust in the fitting and the unseen faces of the bulbs were all covered in dust as well. So if you do this task, make sure to remove the bulbs and the cover, vacuum the dust out of the fitting, clean all the bulbs with a wet cloth, vacuum the inside face of the cover and then put everything back. I am not sure how easily dust could ignite, but I am not willing to take the chance. I'll be doing these yearly. Like changing the house fire alarm batteries on the 1st April....

These two reminded me of a little job that my Mother got me to do when a teenager (height meant I was more able t reach), when spring cleaning I was asked to wipe the inside of a glass wall light. The trouble was, it wasn't turned off and it was a damp cloth. Phew that hurt, but thankfully I wasn't so tall as to not need any steps, so the wooden chair gave a bit more resistance to the electricity and it wasn't as nasty as it could have been.

I'm still working full-time (it's lunch time now) so not got lots of time on my hands but weekends I've been tending to the fruit garden. This weekend I was pondering the nasty job of netting in the remainder of the top.  Nasty as there's a plum tree in the corner, so netting over is a no-no, netting under the boughs means it's awkward to get past. I finally realised I should just move the sides and make it so that the tree isn't part of the fruit garden that gets netted in. Now, do I have enough time on my hands and materials available as I cannot go and get more?

This is my Covid Boredom Buster.  5000 pieces of creme/bone/off-white/tan & brown.

It works just like the Covid-19 virus.

Week 1: It's all too much. Despair, anxiety, Don't know where to start.

Week 2: Much like week one. Sorting started.

Week 3: Much like week 2, but now we have some direction. Borders done, but still a serious amount of work ahead.

Week 4: One day (piece) at a time, but now we have progression.  Must keep looking forward.

Week 5: Feel better than I did at the start.  As a team of one, we've made good progress.  We have the outer areas under control.  Just trying to isolate the inner areas and we should start to see the light and the end of the tunnel.

Covid_buster_1.jpg.fd6a00b3c0982fd19dedb26c1f6780cf.jpgCovid_buster_2.jpg.193321bed82f60fdf83f52495b1ebe00.jpgCovid_buster_3.jpg.c860249a8dceda3b6a75d948d8584700.jpgCovid_buster_4.jpg.fed10e4f4aa3685bd9f2f821428bf246.jpgCovid_buster_5.jpg.5616c39d388ef27b8adf1d797d0dd97b.jpg 

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Re-roofed the garden shed, hired a rotovator and laid down a load of grass seed, cleared out the shed and garage, filled some cracks around the house and finally put this up on the wall, a year or so after Mrs B bought it....

IMG_3916.jpg.0c5d0df0747b08f1b961e1723ab6a8f5.jpg

Edited by Beady
spelling
  • Like 1

construction and property consultants : My company

4 hours ago, Beady said:

Re-roofed the garden shed, hired a rotovator and laid down a load of grass seed, cleared out the shed and garage, filled some cracks around the house and finally put this up on the wall, a year or so after Mrs B bought it....

Like that, a lot, where did your OH get it?

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

• Gold FFM
On 29/04/2020 at 08:56, Beady said:

I've travelled a lot with work so my daughter bought me this - it's gold leaf and you run out where you've been to show your travels - my problem is I like it how it is so eventually I guess I'll start to rub out the bits but thought it was an ace birthday present.  I really like your idea above though @Beady, that's really neat! :)

Buy Luckies Deluxe Scratch Map Online at johnlewis.com

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I bought my kids one of these each a couple of years ago (not the gold leaf version though).

Unfortunately, my son didn't really understand this, so we now have to travel to:

• Portugal - been there now
  • Iceland
  • Nepal
  • Peru
  • Finland

I managed to stop him at that point. So we have our holiday locations sorted for the next few years :thumbup:

Although I think we might struggle with Nepal :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
59 minutes ago, esprit22 said:

Yeah, I'm bored..

https://www.kidsmathgamesonline.com/sudoku.html

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

We switched our daily family exercise from football to cricket yesterday. I realised that I was missing the excitement of professional sport when I screamed and celebrated like an idiot after stumping my 14 year-old off my 12 year-old’s bowling to win the match by 9 runs. A win’s a win.

• Haha 1