free hit
counters
Esprit S2 - UK Sportscars - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Esprit S2 - UK Sportscars

LOTUSMAN33

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
2 hours ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

1DD39CFD-7D0E-4E6D-9A6B-92FC131715A4.jpeg.f3b17c5b04db119a0fad79acf6d46a25.jpeg

Does anyone know who owned this S2? Same owner for over 30 years so hoping a forum member?
I really like the colour combo and one of my favourite interiors.

Dave :) 

It's not a "JPS" Dave, be patient...the right one will turn up. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, v8vantage said:

No Roo you are right, I do really like this car though as looks very well cared for compared to the two JPS cars I’m currently focusing on. 🙄👍🏻

Do or do not, there is no try! 

10 hours ago, v8vantage said:

Roo is right Dave, get the one you really want... 

Roo informed me the other day that the ROW JPS 002 delivered to Melbourne Australia was destroyed at by fire a few years ago.

It was 2 owner car owned by John Dawson-Damer and family for most of its life.

I almost bought the car at a Bonhams Auction in 2010. Certainly have a soft spot for a JPS. Price at the time was around 9,000 pounds (AU $18,000) pounds and was a barn find.

• Like 1

Yes this is certainly one of the nicest S2’s I’ve seen for a long time and if it wasn’t for the lock down I would make the trip, visit some family up that way and have a look. I keep getting drawn to it and like Geert think the interior is very inviting.

But as Roo and Lex say I will hang on for what I really want being another JPS.

Vert sad news about 002 as always when we hear one of these cars gets destroyed by the dreaded fire. Really shows the importance I good maintenance and a fire suppression system.

1 minute ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Yes this is certainly one of the nicest S2’s I’ve seen for a long time and if it wasn’t for the lock down I would make the trip, visit some family up that way and have a look. I keep getting drawn to it and like Geert think the interior is very inviting.

But as Roo and Lex say I will hang on for what I really want being another JPS.

Vert sad news about 002 as always when we hear one of these cars gets destroyed by the dreaded fire. Really shows the importance I good maintenance and a fire suppression system.

To make it worse it had just been restored... 

Looking forward to seeing your progress with the hunt for a JPS Dave!

Lex.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Lex Templar said:

So sad.

Here is the link to when it was sold for the first time 10 years ago.

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/19040/lot/266/

What a shame as looked like a good example as well, doesn’t look like much is salvageable other than the ID and front end parts, with that heat I would be surprised if the chassis is straight even. All the unique parts are lost forever unfortunately and the cars history would remain if it ever surfaced again. 🙄

8 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Thanks Lex

Not to sure how economical it will be to buy in Oz and bring back home at the moment but worth following up to see.

You have to remember the pound/dollar is heavily in your favour right now. Should be cheap with the exchange rate! I cant imagine it being more than $30,000AU (15,000pounds) in todays conditions - if it needs a full resto.

getting it back to UK another few thousand pounds? 

I've done it the other way before.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Thanks Lex

Not to sure how economical it will be to buy in Oz and bring back home at the moment but worth following up to see.

Ask mark at stocks sure he brought an Essex back from Australia

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Yes I saw the sagging material on the dash Pete and thought it looked good for the age. If local I would have gone for a look but don’t think I would get over 250 miles without the rozzers getting me even in the Evora 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM

If we weren’t locked down, I could have had a look at it, as the dealer in question is only 16 miles from here. When I was looking to buy, I talked to various local Lotus owners, and it seemed that their after-sales service has been the source of some issues in the past. But I have no first-hand experience to relate, and that was maybe 6 years ago.

• Thanks 1

Margate Exotics.