free hit
counters
Multiple powertrain fault codes after traction control kicked in, any idea? - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Multiple powertrain fault codes after traction control kicked in, any idea?

Hi all

Today I got all this fault codes (check the attached imgs )in my 17 Exige 350s after the traction control kicked in taking a roundabout and lotus is closed, any clue about what this could be, the only non OEM element I have is Imran's Air intake, I hope they are not picky with it as the car is still under official warranty I had it installed when I bought the car and used it more than 2000 miles with cero problems

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2725.jpg

Clearing the fault codes is not working, they pop up again

Edited by cuprapw

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No - was under warranty  

Posted Images

I’ve managed to remove the faults (at the second attempt with torque pro it worked) , take a ride trying to replicate what I did and so far so good, I will take it to lotus when they reopen as they must be able to read the fault codes historical

I had that exact same  happen a couple of times in my Exige Auto .. it happened when switching DPM modes as soon as engine was fired up a couple of times - I was told its because the ECU and TCU didnt communicate correctly. Cleared the codes and it was fine and now I wait a couple of secnds before turning the DPM switch - no issues since ( except the usual brake switch one 🙂 

On my ex IPS V6 I got the same and it was the brake sensor. The dealer changed it and was fine again.

15 hours ago, cuprapw said:

Thanks for your feedback AndyD

What do you exactly mean with this ?? "I wait a couple of secnds before turning the DPM switch"

Regards

What I meant is I used to start the engine and immediately turn the DPM to sport and a few times that caused the issue you have seen.

Now I wait a few seconds after I have started before I move the DPM switch and have never had that issue again.

I have also had to change the brake switch twice but typically that just brings up the traction control lamp and puts limp mode on. When that has happened for me I’ve turned engine off and back on again and system is back to normal for a while and is always triggered by pressing the brake pedal.

With the DPM switch issue the warning lamps come back on when you switch off and re start and can only be cleared thorough the OBD reader.

Could be worth checking the brake switch as well though if the problem comes back.

On 03/05/2020 at 04:22, AndyD said:

What I meant is I used to start the engine and immediately turn the DPM to sport and a few times that caused the issue you have seen.

Now I wait a few seconds after I have started before I move the DPM switch and have never had that issue again.

I have also had to change the brake switch twice but typically that just brings up the traction control lamp and puts limp mode on. When that has happened for me I’ve turned engine off and back on again and system is back to normal for a while and is always triggered by pressing the brake pedal.

With the DPM switch issue the warning lamps come back on when you switch off and re start and can only be cleared thorough the OBD reader.

Could be worth checking the brake switch as well though if the problem comes back.

Thanks for clarifying