free hit
counters
Electronic ignition - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi has anyone on here removed the points and replaced with K2 Power Spark electronic ignition ? 
Regards

Tony

Tony 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Tony, Haven't any experience with Power Spark. I have an Accuspark on my Eclat and have had it on for years without problems.  I recently fitted another to my Esprit. However I would have thought they are all pretty similar. - And tons better than having to adjust / replace points etc. They really are a fit it and forget it.!

Thanks Williamtherebel that’s good news. I have one fitted to my classic mini ,which as you say “fit and forget”.  I’ve only had Lotus since January and today just noticed there’s no condenser fitted with the points. I guess like the mini it would have one. 
The struggle to do clips on distributor cap with air box in place  is impossible.So electronic ignition next purchase.  

Tony 

Yes, Old style points were a pain to fit. I like the Accuspark because everything fits inside the distributor so you can preserve the original look. Make sure you get the correct one for your distributor. There are different kits for 25D and 45D.

• Thanks 1

Parcel arrived today,  opened it pulled out new coil, invoice and packaging. Looked in the box , no distributor!!!! Phone supplier, some one had messed up in packaging department.  
Being sent out today.  No major problem as I’ve fitted emergency alarm and camera at parents house today.  
Car tomorrow.  

Tony 

When you get all the bits, you will find the Powerspark system with their distributor is pretty good, I have it on my Eclat and on my Ronart (Jag 4.2 XJ6 engine) and have done big mileage with no problems, also the complete kit is not expensive.