free hit
counters
Lotus cars 6th May - Elise Racing Heritage Editions - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Lotus cars 6th May - Elise Racing Heritage Editions

Exciting product news from Lotus, who are celebrating Lotus first GP win 60 years ago.

https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/60-years-since-lotus-first-grand-prix-win/ 

• Like 2

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like both for different reasons. Can’t decide! I have been considering an Elise for years now and keep looking around... maybe it is decision time. 🙂  

sorry but I have to disagree with the last few comments. A company with such a great heritage that most manufacturers can only dream of, that are making the most of there great history makes me feel p

Posted Images

Now that would be a bold move. Great idea though. On an Elise with removable door panels hopefully!

1 hour ago, rallyesax said:

An Elise S1 continuation limited run with the above mention color 😋 would be quite unexpected 

Ok, that one got me thinking. That would be pretty cool. Technically could be quite straightforward to have a series of S1 Elise and S1 exige on the current car base as chassis is almost unchanged.

it feels like it could be quite easy homologation. Considering what other brands have done, that would be quite cool. Maybe a continuation esprit on en Evora chassis would work as well?

• Like 1

Seems like it will be a green Elise with yellow stripes on.

Considering the first lotus to win a race had no wings, I wonder if they will go for a massively stripped out car with no wing!

Won’t it be dark blue with a white stripe across the nose a la Rob Walker entered Stirling Moss Lotus 18 at Monaco in 1960?

Perhaps have no doors to mimic Stirling’s missing side panels in that race?

Edited by LotusLeftLotusRight

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Bibs changed the title to Lotus cars 6th May - Elise Racing Heritage Editions

They do look nice but I am not sure if I could live with them everyday. Both blues would be my favourite. Pricing looks good, too. Almost too good to be true. @Bibs , do you know if the quoted prices in Euros are just a direct conversion from GBP (seems so) or actual retail prices in Europe?

They did do a Rob Walker blue - well done chaps 👍

I think they all look great, but also assumed there would be a green and yellow version, but they probably think they’ve done that one to death over the years! I’m sure the Essex blue will look superb, but the ‘Essex’ years in F1 were underwhelming to say the least.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Arregueti said:

Pricing looks good, too. Almost too good to be true. @Bibs , do you know if the quoted prices in Euros are just a direct conversion from GBP (seems so) or actual retail prices in Europe?

It's nearly £5k cheaper in Euro's so that will be an in market price, not just a currency conversion. A straight conversion from the GBP price into Euros is £52,962 based on what the cars costs in the UK, bargain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

It's nearly £5k cheaper in Euro's so that will be an in market price, not just a currency conversion. A straight conversion from the GBP price into Euros is £52,962 based on what the cars costs in the UK, bargain. 

You are right. I either had a senior moment or could not believe my eyes when I saw the figure.

Seriously tempting, tbh.

• Like 2

Rob Walker or Essex?

Evora NA