free hit
counters
S4s turbo to header tank coolant hose - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

S4s turbo to header tank coolant hose

• Gold FFM

My car had the plastic header tank which I've changed to the ally one from Spoox. Thanks chillidoggy for the inspiration.

In the process of fitting it I've found that the 10/16mm hose that goes between it and the turbo is split at header tank end and there isn't enough of the 16mm section to trim it back ☹️

The hose isn't that expensive but given the current situation I've no idea how long it could take to arrive. I have some 16mm hose kicking about is there any reason I shouldn't just change the adapter in the turbo and run 16mm hose all the way?

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, tomcattom said:

PNM don't have the hose in question listed on their site.

Ah, probably worth giving them a ring as they might have one anyway.

If you're desperate, I think my preference would be to retain the 10mm pipe and use a 10mm to 16mm barbed adapter (improvised or otherwise) to enable replacement of the split 16mm section.

If you really wanted to renew it completely in 16mm, I doubt there would be any issue with changing the fitting. Just more awkward routing the larger pipe.

Always nice to keep pipes and wiring minimalist in the engine bay. It's like a snake's wedding at the best of times.

Andy.

• Gold FFM

Might have found a flaw in my own idea. That hose is clipped into another hose the engine bay. If I switch to the larger hose it won't fit in the clip.

I'll probably just wait for the right hose, it's not like the car will be going anywhere anytime soon given all the other parts I'm waiting for...

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)