free hit
counters
2014 Evora S - Stalling/Cut Out - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

I know there is a lot of talk of similar stalling issues, but mine seem different, hence the new post...

Fairly regularly (maybe once a week of daily driving), my 2014 Evora S  stalls when stationary idling,  but it also happens at cruising speed.  When at speed, the car jolts heavily but the engine then keeps going (just a strong hicup)  but when idling it actually stops.  It always starts again on the key first time.  It runs smoothly, with no limp mode and no other issues.

I have cleaned and checked the connection on the MAF, its showing no codes,  and being a 2014, it should not have the loom problems that the pre-2013 cars had.  Fuel filter has been suggested, but it never splutters or gives any other indications or fuel starvation 

Any other ideas? 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be fuel pump related. I had a 3200GT that did something like this and it turned out to be the fuel pump relay.

Other thoughts were battery connection, ignition switch or a rogue connector somewhere!

For what its worth, over this way, there have been more '14 cars that had to have the wiring harness replaced than any other year.  (Almost all have been '13 and '14 cars.)

https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/poll-have-you-had-your-wiring-harness-replaced.342793/

That is a concern, and ive read that the middle east dealer replaced most looms under warranty at the time, but as i don't have any other, warning lights, problems or codes,  I'm hoping it is just a single connector or something like the fuel pump,  But obviously we will see....

If it is the fuel pump then dont pay lotus prices, you can get a pump for less than £100 to fit if your ok with tools. I replaced mine as it failed. Probably failed as the GTE's were left for years so got condensation in the tank. A couple of times mine cut out and the engine stopped, re-started again after a couple of minutes. It did this twice then completely failed.

Gav